Velocity Reviews

-   -   Billy gets a bit of SPAM. Perhaps he doesn't mung his e-mail address? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t573013-billy-gets-a-bit-of-spam-perhaps-he-doesnt-mung-his-e-mail-address.html)

GraB 11-19-2004 02:38 PM

Billy gets a bit of SPAM. Perhaps he doesn't mung his e-mail address?

From teletext:

Bill Gates inundated with spam

Email users inundated with unsolicited
"spam" messages have reason to hope
Microsoft Corp. will develop better
tools for tackling the problem: Bill
Gates is suffering more than anyone.

Gates gets 4 million emails a day and
is probably the most "spammed" person
in the world, his Chief Executive
Officer Steve Ballmer says.

However, only a few junk emails gets
through to Gates's inbox thanks to
anti-spam technology that filters his
messages.

Waylon Kenning 11-19-2004 07:00 PM

Re: Billy gets a bit of SPAM. Perhaps he doesn't mung his e-mail address?

It seems like Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:38:39 +1300 was when GraB
<grab@whatever.co.nz> said Blah blah blah...

>However, only a few junk emails gets
>through to Gates's inbox thanks to
>anti-spam technology that filters his
>messages.

Yeah right. If their anti-spam technology is so good, how come they're
not selling it?
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Chris Mayhew 11-19-2004 08:51 PM

Waylon Kenning wrote:
> It seems like Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:38:39 +1300 was when GraB
> <grab@whatever.co.nz> said Blah blah blah...
>

>>However, only a few junk emails gets
>>through to Gates's inbox thanks to
>>anti-spam technology that filters his
>>messages.

> Yeah right. If their anti-spam technology is so good, how come they're
> not selling it?

Slavery has been outlawed, that's why. He has a whole department that
filters his email.

Ken Dunstan 11-19-2004 09:24 PM

Waylon Kenning wrote in message news:cmgsp014vhjrf5bg854u2do1kgk4mlug0n@4ax.com

> It seems like Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:38:39 +1300 was when GraB
> <grab@whatever.co.nz> said Blah blah blah...
>
> >However, only a few junk emails gets
> >through to Gates's inbox thanks to
> >anti-spam technology that filters his
> >messages.

> Yeah right. If their anti-spam technology is so good, how come they're
> not selling it?

Bill's white list should be available for sale?

> 1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Differences between the real world and the ivory tower.

The real world uses simple solutions that work.

The real world looks at the benefits, not the technology. Eg the benefits of
spam filtering, not how advanced the technology is.

Nathan Mercer 11-19-2004 10:57 PM

Its free www.microsoft.com/exchange/imf

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com 11-19-2004 11:06 PM

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:00:56 +1300, Waylon Kenning wrote:

>>However, only a few junk emails gets
>>through to Gates's inbox thanks to
>>anti-spam technology that filters his messages.

> Yeah right. If their anti-spam technology is so good, how come they're not
> selling it?

Because Mozilla is GPL compatible software. ;o)

Divine

--
"Even the most fanatical Microsoft supporter has to see that Longhorn has
become Shorthorn."

Waylon Kenning 11-20-2004 12:10 AM

Re: Billy gets a bit of SPAM. Perhaps he doesn't mung his e-mail address?

It seems like Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:24:14 GMT was when Ken Dunstan
<dunkie@somewhere.nz> said Blah blah blah...

>> Yeah right. If their anti-spam technology is so good, how come they're
>> not selling it?

>Bill's white list should be available for sale?

Uh, and if someone wants to contact you via email that you don't know
about? While in Bill's case a little extreme (I'd assume he knows who
he wants to talk to), if I was a small business I certainly wouldn't
want to take the risk alienating my customers by rejecting their
email.
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Dave - Dave.net.nz 11-20-2004 07:50 AM

Waylon Kenning wrote:
>>However, only a few junk emails gets
>>through to Gates's inbox thanks to
>>anti-spam technology that filters his
>>messages.

> Yeah right. If their anti-spam technology is so good, how come they're
> not selling it?

give it time.

Dave - Dave.net.nz 11-20-2004 07:59 AM

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com wrote:
>>>However, only a few junk emails gets
>>>through to Gates's inbox thanks to
>>>anti-spam technology that filters his messages.

>>Yeah right. If their anti-spam technology is so good, how come they're not
>>selling it?

> Because Mozilla is GPL compatible software. ;o)

hahaha OMFG that got me to laugh, you're actually funny sometimes.

Chris Wilkinson 11-22-2004 07:18 AM

Re: Billy gets a bit of SPAM. Perhaps he doesn't mung his e-mailaddress?

Hi there,

Waylon Kenning wrote:
> It seems like Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:38:39 +1300 was when GraB
> <grab@whatever.co.nz> said Blah blah blah...
>

>>However, only a few junk emails gets
>>through to Gates's inbox thanks to
>>anti-spam technology that filters his
>>messages.

> Yeah right. If their anti-spam technology is so good, how come they're
> not selling it?

Probably because its GPL...spamassassin on linux is my bet for what
protects his mail server... :-)

--
Kind regards,