Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572992-wandering-mouse-xp-sp2-prob.html)

Craig Sutton 11-18-2004 05:13 AM

Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 
Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type mouse
Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen on
its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.

Anyone familiar with this bug?

Its not the mouse as I replaced it with an identical one I have and it
continues to do it.



Dave - Dave.net.nz 11-18-2004 05:35 AM

Re: Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 
Craig Sutton wrote:
> Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type mouse
> Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen on
> its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.


> Its not the mouse as I replaced it with an identical one I have and it
> continues to do it.


it may not be the mouse, but a particular driver that the mouse uses...
and an identical mouse would, I assume, use the same driver... tried a
different mouse?

Waylon Kenning 11-18-2004 05:36 AM

Re: Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 
It seems like Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:13:56 +1300 was when "Craig Sutton"
<xcxcnxxnxxx@ihug.co.nz> said Blah blah blah...

>Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type mouse
>Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen on
>its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.


Mine does it sometimes depending on the surface it's on and how I hold
it, ie. if I hold it slightly off the surface, my cursor goes slowly
moving.

Try a blank A4 sheet of paper and see if that helps.
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Paul 11-18-2004 06:30 AM

Re: Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 
Craig Sutton wrote:
> Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type mouse
> Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen on
> its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.
>
> Anyone familiar with this bug?
>
> Its not the mouse as I replaced it with an identical one I have and it
> continues to do it.
>
>


I used to have this problem when I had a Nokia ADSL modem installed.

Removed the modem, problem went away.

Strange but true.

Craig Sutton 11-18-2004 06:47 AM

Re: Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <davenetnz@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:302qkcF2q6q45U3@uni-berlin.de...
> Craig Sutton wrote:
> > Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type

mouse
> > Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen

on
> > its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.

>
> > Its not the mouse as I replaced it with an identical one I have and it
> > continues to do it.

>
> it may not be the mouse, but a particular driver that the mouse uses...
> and an identical mouse would, I assume, use the same driver... tried a
> different mouse?


replaced the driver..with the latest oh well something to do on the weekend
while watching the cricket..



Craig Sutton 11-18-2004 06:49 AM

Re: Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 

"Waylon Kenning" <use.the.reply.to.header@this.is.fake> wrote in message
news:c5dop0h1rsqimse8s3ss551po5jujrcrdt@4ax.com...
> It seems like Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:13:56 +1300 was when "Craig Sutton"
> <xcxcnxxnxxx@ihug.co.nz> said Blah blah blah...
>
> >Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type

mouse
> >Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen on
> >its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.

>
> Mine does it sometimes depending on the surface it's on and how I hold
> it, ie. if I hold it slightly off the surface, my cursor goes slowly
> moving.
>
> Try a blank A4 sheet of paper and see if that helps.


Its walking on its own... no help needed. Has been cleaned used on different
surfaces ect even replaced by another mouse the same model. Still does it.



max@max 11-19-2004 08:26 AM

Re: Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 
Toshiba 470cdt, Windows ME, microsoft mouse driver.

Same problem .........


Craig Sutton wrote:
> Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type mouse
> Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen on
> its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.
>
> Anyone familiar with this bug?
>
> Its not the mouse as I replaced it with an identical one I have and it
> continues to do it.
>
>


John 11-19-2004 04:14 PM

Re: Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:26:27 +1300, "max@max"
<max@nospam_zl2max.gen.nz> wrote:

>Toshiba 470cdt, Windows ME, microsoft mouse driver.
>


Update the version of driver?
Try a different brand mouse / hence load a different driver...
Anything in the event log?

>Same problem .........
>
>
>Craig Sutton wrote:
>> Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type mouse
>> Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen on
>> its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.
>>
>> Anyone familiar with this bug?
>>
>> Its not the mouse as I replaced it with an identical one I have and it
>> continues to do it.
>>
>>



-[Myth]- 11-20-2004 04:27 AM

Re: Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:13:56 +1300, Craig Sutton wrote:

> Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type mouse
> Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen on
> its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.
>
> Anyone familiar with this bug?
>
> Its not the mouse as I replaced it with an identical one I have and it
> continues to do it.


Do you get the problem when windows isn't running (eg under linux or when
running DOS apps with mouse support from a floppy)

Craig Sutton 11-20-2004 05:22 AM

Re: Wandering mouse xp sp2 prob?
 

"-[Myth]-" <mythdl@users.sourceforge.nospam.net.remove> wrote in message
news:1n245ez1e4yez.jmbzodqmmk6s$.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:13:56 +1300, Craig Sutton wrote:
>
> > Got a tricky one to try and solve, windows xp machine using ps/2 type

mouse
> > Optical a4tech brand the mouse has started wandering across the screen

on
> > its own. Since putting service pack 2 on XP.
> >
> > Anyone familiar with this bug?
> >
> > Its not the mouse as I replaced it with an identical one I have and it
> > continues to do it.

>
> Do you get the problem when windows isn't running (eg under linux or when
> running DOS apps with mouse support from a floppy)


Have the unit here now for fixing. Maybe a clash between OFFICE and service
pack 2. Have to check it




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.