Velocity Reviews

-   -   Half-life 2 - Steam version slipstreamed? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572971-half-life-2-steam-version-slipstreamed.html)

Daniel 11-16-2004 09:07 PM

Half-life 2 - Steam version slipstreamed?

Anyone know if it would be possible to do the following:-
1. Download HL2, and other extras via Steam
2. Copy images to CDs/DVD (apparently this is an option that is provided)
3. Use "slipstreamed" CDs as an installer; activation fee would still be required
(i.e. you still pay for the game)

I'm just wondering if it's possible, since $72.00NZD ($49.95USD) seems like a good
deal (taking into account the extras - HL1 Source, CS Source multiplayer, entire
Valve catalogue, Day Of Defeat Source). Plus the money goes direct to the developer.

If it's possible to distribute (and purchase) the game this way, then I'd
be tempted to give it a go.

TIA.

Daniel 11-16-2004 10:04 PM

Re: Half-life 2 - Steam version slipstreamed?

Daniel wrote:
> Anyone know if it would be possible to do the following:-
> 1. Download HL2, and other extras via Steam
> 2. Copy images to CDs/DVD (apparently this is an option that is provided)
> 3. Use "slipstreamed" CDs as an installer; activation fee would still be
> required
> (i.e. you still pay for the game)
>
> I'm just wondering if it's possible, since $72.00NZD ($49.95USD) seems
> like a good
> deal (taking into account the extras - HL1 Source, CS Source
> multiplayer, entire
> Valve catalogue, Day Of Defeat Source). Plus the money goes direct to
> the developer.
>
> If it's possible to distribute (and purchase) the game this way, then I'd
> be tempted to give it a go.
>
> TIA.

Just beeen informed by one of our gaming gurus that it's possible.

Just have to remember to slipstream _before_ activation, and viola you have
HL2 (with extras) install CDs.