Velocity Reviews

-   -   PB Technologies ??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572959-pb-technologies.html)

William Bell 11-16-2004 04:19 AM

PB Technologies ???

Is this the Old pegasus Electronics firm..?

They seem a bit funny, different prices for each town you buy from..

So using price spy is a big waste of time with this firm.

How come a CPU in Wellington is some $20 dearer than Auckland from the same
firm..

colinco 11-16-2004 04:23 AM

Re: PB Technologies ???

In article William Bell says...
> How come a CPU in Wellington is some $20 dearer than Auckland from the same
> firm..

Maybe they get them down one at a time and the importer is AK based.

Collector»NZ 11-16-2004 04:27 AM

Re: PB Technologies ???

William Bell said the following on 16/11/2004 17:19:

> Is this the Old pegasus Electronics firm..?
>

> They seem a bit funny, different prices for each town you buy from..
>

> So using price spy is a big waste of time with this firm.
>

> How come a CPU in Wellington is some $20 dearer than Auckland from the same
> firm..

Most definitely they are in no way related to Colin Brown's Pegasus
operation.

The stores in other towns are a franchise operation and set there own
prices. They source most of their product from the Auckland PBTECH.

I have never had a bad deal from them and even use the Auckland website
to buy now that I am not in that town.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

JB 11-16-2004 05:44 AM

Re: PB Technologies ???

for what its worth these clowns refused to take back a faulty hard disk claiming i
had not purchased it from them. I had misplaced my original reciept and they said
the serial number wasnt one of theres. i needed a new drive. went to purchase a
new one from paradigm as they were the cheapest and just heppened to tell them
about waht happened and they offered to attempt to replace it under warranty for
me. 4 days later i get an email saying they can replace it and that it was
originally sold to PBTech. Pack of lying morans. and thnaks to Paradigm for the
free service, they rock!

William Bell 11-16-2004 06:49 AM

Re: PB Technologies ???

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:23:39 +1300, colinco <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote:

>In article William Bell says...
>> How come a CPU in Wellington is some $20 dearer than Auckland from the same
>> firm..
>>

>Maybe they get them down one at a time and the importer is AK based.

No Hamilton based..

Collector»NZ 11-16-2004 06:59 AM

Re: PB Technologies ???

William Bell said the following on 16/11/2004 19:49:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:23:39 +1300, colinco <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote:
>

>>In article William Bell says...
>>
>>>How come a CPU in Wellington is some $20 dearer than Auckland from the same
>>>firm..
>>>

>>Maybe they get them down one at a time and the importer is AK based.

> No Hamilton based..
>
> Woger When your right your right but when your wrong you are totally

****ed up.
PBTech is not hamilton based and is in no way associated with Colin
Browns Pegasus Computers.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

The Other Guy 11-16-2004 07:21 AM

Re: PB Technologies ???

JB wrote:
> for what its worth these clowns refused to take back a faulty hard disk claiming i
> had not purchased it from them. I had misplaced my original reciept and they said
> the serial number wasnt one of theres. i needed a new drive. went to purchase a
> new one from paradigm as they were the cheapest and just heppened to tell them
> about waht happened and they offered to attempt to replace it under warranty for
> me. 4 days later i get an email saying they can replace it and that it was
> originally sold to PBTech. Pack of lying morans. and thnaks to Paradigm for the
> free service, they rock!

PB in Auckland label drives and much of the hardware coming out of their
store. Never had any issues with their service or the quality of their
products. Been purchasing most of our stuff from them since around 1994.

The Other Guy

Mackin 11-16-2004 08:06 AM

Re: PB Technologies ???

JB wrote:

> for what its worth these clowns refused to take back a faulty hard disk
> claiming i had not purchased it from them. I had misplaced my original
> reciept and they said the serial number wasnt one of theres. i needed a
> new drive. went to purchase a new one from paradigm as they were the
> cheapest and just heppened to tell them about waht happened and they
> offered to attempt to replace it under warranty for me. 4 days later i get
> an email saying they can replace it and that it was originally sold to
> PBTech. Pack of lying morans. and thnaks to Paradigm for the free service,
> they rock!

I find this comment by JB quite surprising.

I've dealt with PBTech on many occasions over the last 3 or 4 years, mostly
because they are just a short distance from my house.

They always have plenty of stock, the staff are quite knowlegeable and
helpful and their prices are generally good.

On a couple of occassions I've had cause to return faulty or incorrect
equipment and they have always exchanged or repaired it without question or
issue. I totally recommend them.

Mackin

MarkH 11-16-2004 11:31 AM

Re: PB Technologies ???

Mackin <nospam@xtra.co.nz> wrote in

> JB wrote:
>
>> for what its worth these clowns refused to take back a faulty hard
>> disk claiming i had not purchased it from them. I had misplaced my
>> original reciept and they said the serial number wasnt one of theres.
>> i needed a new drive. went to purchase a new one from paradigm as
>> they were the cheapest and just heppened to tell them about waht
>> happened and they offered to attempt to replace it under warranty for
>> me. 4 days later i get an email saying they can replace it and that
>> it was originally sold to PBTech. Pack of lying morans. and thnaks to
>> Paradigm for the free service, they rock!

> I find this comment by JB quite surprising.
>
> I've dealt with PBTech on many occasions over the last 3 or 4 years,
> mostly because they are just a short distance from my house.

I also live not too far from PBTech

> They always have plenty of stock, the staff are quite knowledgeable and
> helpful and their prices are generally good.

This has also been my experience.

> On a couple of occasions I've had cause to return faulty or incorrect
> equipment and they have always exchanged or repaired it without
> question or issue. I totally recommend them.

I have had a couple of PSUs that were not compatible with the M/Boards that
I was trying to use them with, no problems swapping them with another
brand. This was two separate occasions.

I have bought 2 of their Samsung 1GB Flash drives at around $160 incl GST
each. They are fast and work well, very handy to have on hand.

I also love my Cooler Master CM Stacker case and my 2 Centurion 5 cases,
great cases, much better than the cheap ones I was using.

Their range and prices are really fantastic, I regularly recommend them to
customers.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz (last updated 12-Nov-04)