Velocity Reviews

-   -   question about studying for 290 & 291 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t57285-question-about-studying-for-290-and-291-a.html)

Vantage 03-27-2006 05:18 AM

question about studying for 290 & 291

I've passed 270, 271 & 272 by self-paced, taking the exams weeks apart. I'm
about to start studying for 290 & 291.

And noticed a lot of people in the MCDST newsgroup took both 271 & 272 exams
on the one day. What is your opinion on studying for 290 & 291? study them
individually? or study as one big subject and take both exams on the same
day?

Thanks

Mike T. 03-27-2006 11:00 AM

Re: question about studying for 290 & 291

"Vantage" <vantageREMOVETHIS@wideband.net.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I've passed 270, 271 & 272 by self-paced, taking the exams weeks apart.
> I'm
> about to start studying for 290 & 291.
>
> And noticed a lot of people in the MCDST newsgroup took both 271 & 272
> exams
> on the one day. What is your opinion on studying for 290 & 291? study them
> individually? or study as one big subject and take both exams on the same
> day?

It really depends on your studying style and what works best for you. I
personally would feel better doing one at a time to maintain focus on the
task at hand, but YMMV. One concern I would have doing multiple tests in one
day is that if for some reason you fail the first one, too much doubt might
creep into your head on the second test. Similar to when a baseball player
strikes out and thinks about the at-bat too much when he goes out into the
field next inning, leading to a defensive error. [1]

[1] - If you live in a Commonwealth country, feel free to substitute
googlies, lbws, and other various and sundry cricket terms for the baseball
references above.

--
Mike T.
MCNGP #XLI

Manny Borges 03-28-2006 01:13 AM

Re: question about studying for 290 & 291

Personaly, if you can't do them both in a day it would be very surprising.
Those tests are surprisingly easy.
It was actually a contest between me a few other MCTS the day both tests
were available to be taken to see who could do them fastest and still score
over a 900.

Just to brag, I won with a combined time of 52 mins.

--
Manny Borges
MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who do understand binary
and those who don't.