Velocity Reviews

-   -   Impersonating People (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572776-impersonating-people.html)

Blister Pak 11-02-2004 12:37 AM

Impersonating People

I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
see them at it.

I notice collector posting that harry has impersonated him and yep it
sure looks like it with the headers, though he caught on quick and
changed providers to continue.

It appears that collector will slam any nonsense posts by harry while
leaving valid posts alone. Harry on the other hand has no idea and moves
on to impersonating him. Both may well fall foul of the situation yet.

I await the next developement with glee to see what these two get up to
next.

Dave - Dave.net.nz 11-02-2004 12:52 AM

Re: Impersonating People

Blister Pak wrote:
> I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
> see them at it.

personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ 11-02-2004 01:01 AM

Re: Impersonating People

Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 2/11/2004 13:52:
> Blister Pak wrote:
>
>> I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me
>> to see them at it.

> personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
> thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
> impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO

Thats about the feeling I have.

I must congratulate NIN they run a great newserver and have terrific
admins. It took me less than an hour to have the impersonating account
cancelled at NIN. I shant say why they accepted my complaint and acted
so quickly but suffice to say it was a violation of there terms and
conditions in a big way. It did surpise me to get a reply as quickly as
I did, they must have dedicated admins work at all sorts of hours.

--

RIP Harry impersonating me via News Individual Net
Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |

Collector»NZ 11-02-2004 01:03 AM

Re: Impersonating People

Blister Pak said the following on 2/11/2004 13:37:
> I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
> see them at it.
>
> I notice collector posting that harry has impersonated him and yep it
> sure looks like it with the headers, though he caught on quick and
> changed providers to continue.
>
> It appears that collector will slam any nonsense posts by harry while
> leaving valid posts alone. Harry on the other hand has no idea and moves
> on to impersonating him. Both may well fall foul of the situation yet.
>
> I await the next developement with glee to see what these two get up to
> next.

The next step was that I had the offending account terminated at NIN

Patrick Dunford 11-02-2004 02:22 AM

Re: Impersonating People

In article <4186d488$1_5@127.0.0.1> in nz.comp on Tue, 02 Nov 2004
13:37:19 +1300, Blister Pak <BlisterPak@no-mail.co.nz> says...
> I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
> see them at it.
>
> I notice collector posting that harry has impersonated him and yep it
> sure looks like it with the headers, though he caught on quick and
> changed providers to continue.
>
> It appears that collector will slam any nonsense posts by harry while
> leaving valid posts alone. Harry on the other hand has no idea and moves
> on to impersonating him. Both may well fall foul of the situation yet.
>
> I await the next developement with glee to see what these two get up to
> next.

Some people should just get a life... Do you have any real friends
outside this forum?

Patrick Dunford 11-02-2004 02:23 AM

Re: Impersonating People

In article <2uo4k5F2cv53lU2@uni-berlin.de> in nz.comp on Tue, 02 Nov 2004
14:01:55 +1300, Collector»NZ <collector_nz@hotmail.com> says...
> Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 2/11/2004 13:52:
> > Blister Pak wrote:
> >
> >> I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me
> >> to see them at it.

> > personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
> > thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
> > impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO
> >

> Thats about the feeling I have.
>
> I must congratulate NIN they run a great newserver and have terrific
> admins. It took me less than an hour to have the impersonating account
> cancelled at NIN. I shant say why they accepted my complaint and acted
> so quickly but suffice to say it was a violation of there terms and
> conditions in a big way. It did surpise me to get a reply as quickly as
> I did, they must have dedicated admins work at all sorts of hours.

Have you allowed for the time difference by any chance?

Collector»NZ 11-02-2004 03:40 AM

Re: Impersonating People

Patrick Dunford said the following on 2/11/2004 15:23:
> In article <2uo4k5F2cv53lU2@uni-berlin.de> in nz.comp on Tue, 02 Nov 2004
> 14:01:55 +1300, Collector»NZ <collector_nz@hotmail.com> says...
>
>>Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 2/11/2004 13:52:

>>>personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
>>>thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
>>>impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO
>>>

>>Thats about the feeling I have.
>>
>>I must congratulate NIN they run a great newserver and have terrific
>>admins. It took me less than an hour to have the impersonating account
>>cancelled at NIN. I shant say why they accepted my complaint and acted
>>so quickly but suffice to say it was a violation of there terms and
>>conditions in a big way. It did surpise me to get a reply as quickly as
>>I did, they must have dedicated admins work at all sorts of hours.

> Have you allowed for the time difference by any chance?

Time difference, hell they replied within 10 minutes of my email,
verified some details over the next 20 minutes and yanked the account at
11.10am this morning

--
Note the ****-Wit known as Harry is attempting to impersonate my posts
I post via Berlin (at this stage he hasnt got a Berlin Account)

Net result I am delighted that the village idiot thinks so much of me as
to imatate me so much, pity about the reports to his providers and suppliers

Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |

Collector»NZ 11-02-2004 03:41 AM

Re: Impersonating People

Patrick Dunford said the following on 2/11/2004 15:22:
> In article <4186d488$1_5@127.0.0.1> in nz.comp on Tue, 02 Nov 2004
> 13:37:19 +1300, Blister Pak <BlisterPak@no-mail.co.nz> says...
>
>>I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
>>see them at it.
>>
>>I notice collector posting that harry has impersonated him and yep it
>>sure looks like it with the headers, though he caught on quick and
>>changed providers to continue.
>>
>>It appears that collector will slam any nonsense posts by harry while
>>leaving valid posts alone. Harry on the other hand has no idea and moves
>>on to impersonating him. Both may well fall foul of the situation yet.
>>
>>I await the next developement with glee to see what these two get up to
>>next.

> Some people should just get a life... Do you have any real friends
> outside this forum?

Unlike you yes and friends in this forum

Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |

steve 11-02-2004 07:47 AM

Re: Impersonating People

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Blister Pak wrote:
>> I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
>> see them at it.

> personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
> thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
> impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO

A one-off or a "day of it" for purposes of humour or satire would be
acceptable - provided it was actually funny and the 'fraud' was obvious.

Malice of any sort is bad form.

--
Distributed Computing Projects:
SETI at Home