Velocity Reviews

-   -   its nice to drool (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572763-its-nice-to-drool.html)

Z 10-31-2004 11:01 PM

its nice to drool

while we discuss prices of 256/128 etc and our "full speed" adsl at 8
mbits (theoretical) other countries are rolling out their 50mbit adsl
connections..

http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf/...bt/news/321661

denmark also are rolling out their 100mbit adsl connections for home
users...

encourage mass immigration to nz so we can get some nice internet speeds :)

-[Myth]- 10-31-2004 11:27 PM

Re: its nice to drool

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:01:44 +1300, Z wrote:

> while we discuss prices of 256/128 etc and our "full speed" adsl at 8
> mbits (theoretical) other countries are rolling out their 50mbit adsl
> connections..
>
> http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf/...bt/news/321661
>
> denmark also are rolling out their 100mbit adsl connections for home
> users...
>
> encourage mass immigration to nz so we can get some nice internet speeds :)

key quote from the page linked above: "but they will make their ADSL lines
faster to compete with rivals in the sector."

colinco 10-31-2004 11:28 PM

Re: its nice to drool

In article Z says...
> while we discuss prices of 256/128 etc and our "full speed" adsl at 8
> mbits (theoretical) other countries are rolling out their 50mbit adsl
> connections..
>
> http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf/...bt/news/321661
>
> denmark also are rolling out their 100mbit adsl connections for home
> users...
>
> encourage mass immigration to nz so we can get some nice internet speeds :)

You'll know when you can get those speeds when you can see the fibre
terminal on your boundary. Easy if the equivalent of a whole suburb
lives in a tower block.