Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   UBS & new Telecom plans (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572654-ubs-and-new-telecom-plans.html)

Paul 10-24-2004 11:36 PM

UBS & new Telecom plans
 
How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?

Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru other
ISPs?

If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

Hmmm 10-25-2004 12:25 AM

Re: UBS & new Telecom plans
 
Paul wrote:
> How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?
>
> Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru other
> ISPs?
>
> If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?


The faster speeds are meant to start being wholesaled next year in
march.. 512 and then a month later 1 megabit etc.. Again from telecoms
track record so far with ubs those dates are very optomistic,
considering they havent even managed to get ubs out on 256 yet, and wont
probably until january..



----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Dave - Dave.net.nz 10-25-2004 06:38 AM

Re: UBS & new Telecom plans
 
Paul wrote:

> How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?
>
> Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru other
> ISPs?
>
> If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?


Just a question, did you investigate this before posting, or just wanted
to stir up more **** about something that we have essencially no control
over.

read some tech news and maybe the DSL list archives.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is dave@the.domain.above
nice! http://www.dave.net.nz/images/link.jpg

Paul 10-25-2004 09:00 AM

Re: UBS & new Telecom plans
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>
>> How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?
>>
>> Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru
>> other ISPs?
>>
>> If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

>
>
> Just a question, did you investigate this before posting, or just wanted
> to stir up more **** about something that we have essencially no control
> over.
>
> read some tech news and maybe the DSL list archives.
>

Didn't want to stir anything.

I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's website...

Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.

Paul

MarkH 10-26-2004 04:21 AM

Re: UBS & new Telecom plans
 
Paul <username@domain.name> wrote in
news:Mg3fd.22970$mZ2.836632@news02.tsnz.net:

> I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's
> website...
>
> Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.


If it's Telecom then the odds are that you do have very good reason to be
annoyed.

Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom decided to
offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs wholesale it for 6
months. Does this seem to be a little anti-competitive or what! It also
gives them an excuse for delays in converting other ISPs customers over to
the UBS service.


--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz
"There are 10 types of people, those that
understand binary and those that don't"


Bruce Sinclair 10-26-2004 04:38 AM

Re: UBS & new Telecom plans
 
In article <lhkfd.1836894$yk.301931@news.easynews.com>, MarkH <markat@atdot.dot.dot> wrote:
>Paul <username@domain.name> wrote in
>news:Mg3fd.22970$mZ2.836632@news02.tsnz.net:
>> I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's
>> website...
>>
>> Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.

>
>If it's Telecom then the odds are that you do have very good reason to be
>annoyed.
>
>Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom decided to
>offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs wholesale it for 6
>months. Does this seem to be a little anti-competitive or what! It also
>gives them an excuse for delays in converting other ISPs customers over to
>the UBS service.


I do note, however, a lack of surprise in all these postings. This, at
least, is good news :)



Bruce

------------------------------
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

-Redd Foxx


Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
(if there were any)

EMB 10-26-2004 05:34 AM

Re: UBS & new Telecom plans
 
MarkH wrote:

>
> Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom decided to
> offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs wholesale it for 6
> months.


Other ISP's can however retail it effective immediately just as they did
the pre-UBS ADSL offerings.

--
EMB

Damon Nomad 10-26-2004 06:10 AM

Re: UBS & new Telecom plans
 
On , , Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:00:58 +1300, Re: UBS & new Telecom
plans, Paul <username@domain.name> wrote:

>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>> Paul wrote:
>>
>>> How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?
>>>
>>> Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru
>>> other ISPs?
>>>
>>> If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

>>
>>
>> Just a question, did you investigate this before posting, or just wanted
>> to stir up more **** about something that we have essencially no control
>> over.
>>
>> read some tech news and maybe the DSL list archives.
>>

>Didn't want to stir anything.
>
>I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's website...
>
>Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.


So you wouldn't have been annoyed if you hadn't known?

Paul 10-26-2004 08:00 AM

Re: UBS & new Telecom plans
 
Damon Nomad wrote:
> On , , Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:00:58 +1300, Re: UBS & new Telecom
> plans, Paul <username@domain.name> wrote:
>
>
>>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>>
>>>Paul wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?
>>>>
>>>>Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru
>>>>other ISPs?
>>>>
>>>>If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?
>>>
>>>
>>>Just a question, did you investigate this before posting, or just wanted
>>>to stir up more **** about something that we have essencially no control
>>>over.
>>>
>>>read some tech news and maybe the DSL list archives.
>>>

>>
>>Didn't want to stir anything.
>>
>>I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's website...
>>
>>Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.

>
>
> So you wouldn't have been annoyed if you hadn't known?


That's correct.

But then that would involve not knowing... which is unlikely considering
the way news spreads about these things.

Paul


MarkH 10-26-2004 11:09 AM

Re: UBS & new Telecom plans
 
EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote in news:clkndb$srv$1@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> MarkH wrote:
>
>>
>> Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom
>> decided to offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs
>> wholesale it for 6 months.

>
> Other ISP's can however retail it effective immediately just as they
> did the pre-UBS ADSL offerings.


Exactly! Telecom is screwing over the UBS that it didn't want in the first
place! The retailing can only be done under the terms and conditions set
by Telecom, unlike UBS. Of course the ISP will make practically nothing
when reselling Telecoms pre-packaged deal, screwed again - naturally.



--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz
"There are 10 types of people, those that
understand binary and those that don't"



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.