Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572653-mozilla-and-kiwibank-internet-access.html)

Warwick 10-24-2004 11:34 PM

Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
Hi,
Kiwibank have a jpg type security feature on their login page. You have to
visually recognize a number/letter combo and type it into a box before
logiin.
Mozilla refuses to display this picture, if I right click the placeholder
and ask it to display the picture it sill refuses to do so.

I have to fire up IE for banking.

Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

As a sideline, my Gamesite serves various 'whois' and match histories in
html format. Somehow those links always invoke IE, rather than my default
browser. What will happen to access if I delete IE dya reckon?


cheers
Warwick

Clarity 10-24-2004 11:40 PM

Re: Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
"Warwick" <none@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:v1d2sawquvob$.m14jbv5hykxp.dlg@40tude.net...
> Hi,
> Kiwibank have a jpg type security feature on their login page. You have to
> visually recognize a number/letter combo and type it into a box before
> logiin.
> Mozilla refuses to display this picture, if I right click the placeholder
> and ask it to display the picture it sill refuses to do so.
>
> I have to fire up IE for banking.
>
> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?


Works fine in Firefox.

I'm not sure if this is the same in Mozilla, but check to make sure that you
have not ticked "for the originating Web site only" (or equivalent) under
the Load images section of settings - otherwise change the permissions.



Ralph Fox 10-25-2004 04:24 AM

Re: Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:34:03 +1300, in message
<v1d2sawquvob$.m14jbv5hykxp.dlg@40tude.net>, Warwick wrote:

> Kiwibank have a jpg type security feature on their login page. You have to
> visually recognize a number/letter combo and type it into a box before
> logiin.
> Mozilla refuses to display this picture, if I right click the placeholder
> and ask it to display the picture it sill refuses to do so.


WFM. The picture shows here in Mozilla 1.7.3.


> I have to fire up IE for banking.
>
> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?


Only if I knew how to make it _not_ work.

1. Have you disabled the site's session cookie?
2. Have you disabled referrer?






Gordon 10-25-2004 04:28 AM

Re: Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:40:26 +1300, Clarity wrote:

> "Warwick" <none@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> news:v1d2sawquvob$.m14jbv5hykxp.dlg@40tude.net...
>> Hi,
>> Kiwibank have a jpg type security feature on their login page. You have to
>> visually recognize a number/letter combo and type it into a box before
>> logiin.
>> Mozilla refuses to display this picture, if I right click the placeholder
>> and ask it to display the picture it sill refuses to do so.
>>
>> I have to fire up IE for banking.
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

>
> Works fine in Firefox.


Second that. 6sb7 was the number i saw ;-)

Dave - Dave.net.nz 10-25-2004 06:36 AM

Re: Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
Warwick wrote:
> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?


nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank sites
that seems to work completly properly.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is dave@the.domain.above
nice! http://www.dave.net.nz/images/link.jpg

Collector_NZ 10-25-2004 06:43 AM

Re: Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 25/10/2004 19:36:
> Warwick wrote:
>
>> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

>
>
> nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank sites
> that seems to work completly properly.
>

Go to trademe.co.nz and see if the auction thumb nails display or not

--
He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.
================================================== ====================
Local 40.9000S, 174.9830E | |
================================================== ====================
First rule of electronics: Keep the smoke inside!

Waylon Kenning 10-25-2004 07:02 AM

Re: Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
It seems like Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:36:58 +1300 was when "Dave -
Dave.net.nz" <davenetnz@gmail.com> said Blah blah blah...

>nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank sites
>that seems to work completly properly.


I have no problem with www.westpac.co.nz and their secure banking.
Certainly a lot better than my friend with TSB, their internet banking
is shocking. You can't even add new people to pay online, you have to
go to their bank to do it! Shocking.
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Dave - Dave.net.nz 10-25-2004 07:27 AM

Re: Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
Collector_NZ wrote:
>>> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?


>> nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank
>> sites that seems to work completly properly.


> Go to trademe.co.nz and see if the auction thumb nails display or not


works for me.
does it grab them from another domain? maybe it has been disabled from
showing images from another server.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is dave@the.domain.above
nice! http://www.dave.net.nz/images/link.jpg

Collector_NZ 10-25-2004 07:34 AM

Re: Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 25/10/2004 20:27:
> Collector_NZ wrote:
>
>>>> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

>
>
>>> nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank
>>> sites that seems to work completly properly.

>
>
>> Go to trademe.co.nz and see if the auction thumb nails display or not

>
>
> works for me.
> does it grab them from another domain? maybe it has been disabled from
> showing images from another server.
>

Thats what I hoped to determine, TM has a separate named image server
and if the browser will only load for the originating site it wont
display TM images.

--
He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.
================================================== ====================
Local 40.9000S, 174.9830E | |
================================================== ====================
First rule of electronics: Keep the smoke inside!

Harry 10-25-2004 08:40 AM

Re: Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access
 
Waylon Kenning wrote:

> It seems like Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:36:58 +1300 was when "Dave -
> Dave.net.nz" <davenetnz@gmail.com> said Blah blah blah...
>
>>nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank sites
>>that seems to work completly properly.

>
> I have no problem with www.westpac.co.nz and their secure banking.
> Certainly a lot better than my friend with TSB, their internet banking
> is shocking. You can't even add new people to pay online, you have to
> go to their bank to do it! Shocking.


Westpac NZ internet banking is shocking compared to Westpac Australia's.



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.