Velocity Reviews

-   -   Big monitors (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572566-big-monitors.html)

Rob Davison 10-19-2004 09:25 AM

Big monitors

My two year old Viewsonic P225f (that was supposed to last until
large LCDs were good *and* affordable) just crapped itself. :(

Mitsi. 2070SB @ $1500 or IBM C220p at around the grand?

I need two inputs and 2048x1536 @70Hz. Otherwise I'm not over fussy.

Suggestions/opinions on the above or others I should consider?

Rob.

EMB 10-19-2004 10:11 AM

Re: Big monitors

Rob Davison wrote:
> My two year old Viewsonic P225f (that was supposed to last until
> large LCDs were good *and* affordable) just crapped itself. :(
>
> Mitsi. 2070SB @ $1500 or IBM C220p at around the grand?
>
> I need two inputs and 2048x1536 @70Hz. Otherwise I'm not over fussy.
>
> Suggestions/opinions on the above or others I should consider?

Get the Viewsonic repaired??

--
EMB
change two to the number to reply

Craig Sutton 10-19-2004 10:43 AM

Re: Big monitors

"Rob Davison" <rdavison@xxttrraa.ccoo.nnzz> wrote in message
> My two year old Viewsonic P225f (that was supposed to last until
> large LCDs were good *and* affordable) just crapped itself. :(
>
> Mitsi. 2070SB @ $1500 or IBM C220p at around the grand?
>
> I need two inputs and 2048x1536 @70Hz. Otherwise I'm not over fussy.
>
> Suggestions/opinions on the above or others I should consider?

Take it back to where you bought it from. If you bought it new a monitor
like that should last 5 years minimum.
Consumer goods act should cover it.

Ripping Silk 10-19-2004 12:52 PM

Re: Big monitors

Rob Davison wrote:
> My two year old Viewsonic P225f (that was supposed to last until
> large LCDs were good *and* affordable) just crapped itself. :(
>
> Mitsi. 2070SB @ $1500 or IBM C220p at around the grand?
>
> I need two inputs and 2048x1536 @70Hz. Otherwise I'm not over fussy.
>
> Suggestions/opinions on the above or others I should consider?
>

> Rob.

Should be a 3 year warranty on the Viewsonic.
I run a P95f (that replaced a PT795 under warranty, both with 3 years),
only does 1920 tho... and only 1 input (if you don't count BNC)