Velocity Reviews

-   -   Password in Asus ADSL modem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572548-password-in-asus-adsl-modem.html)

Craig Shore 10-18-2004 07:25 AM

Password in Asus ADSL modem

Anyone know how I can reset the password in an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL Router?

-{-astrae-}- 10-18-2004 07:52 AM

Re: Password in Asus ADSL modem

I've got one sitting here, but not sure if you can. re-write the frimware?

I have the latest firmware if you want to do it that way..

-{-astrae-}- 10-18-2004 08:05 AM

Re: Password in Asus ADSL modem

sorry that won't work. Update program needs the username and password

Craig Shore 10-18-2004 09:39 AM

Re: Password in Asus ADSL modem

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:05:53 +1300, "-{-astrae-}-" <frnk2431@REMOVEhotmail.com>
wrote:

>sorry that won't work. Update program needs the username and password

Yeah, thought of that. Does the serial connection still need a password?
Perhaps I could get into it that way and reset it. Guess i'll need to find some
freeware Terminal software to try that, IIRC Hyperterminal needs to dial
somewhere before it'll let you at the port.

EMB 10-18-2004 10:29 AM

Craig Shore wrote:

> Yeah, thought of that. Does the serial connection still need a password?
> Perhaps I could get into it that way and reset it. Guess i'll need to find some
> freeware Terminal software to try that, IIRC Hyperterminal needs to dial
> somewhere before it'll let you at the port.

Hyperterminal works ok - set "Connect via" to COM1 and it's away direct
connected.

--
EMB
change two to the number to reply

Mr Scebe 10-18-2004 05:23 PM

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:05:53 +1300, "-{-astrae-}-"

<frnk2431@REMOVEhotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >sorry that won't work. Update program needs the username and password

> Yeah, thought of that. Does the serial connection still need a

password?
> Perhaps I could get into it that way and reset it. Guess i'll need to find

some
> freeware Terminal software to try that, IIRC Hyperterminal needs to dial
> somewhere before it'll let you at the port.

Na, you just have to change the settings. When you initially set it up it
asks you for a number and stuff, but once you've created the connection, hit
the "disconnect" icon, then change the following settings (via File ->
Properties):

Set port to Com1 (or 2 depending on where the cable is connected)
Click the "configure" button and set 9600-8-N-1 (baud, Data bits, Parity,
Stop bits.) I also set flow control to none, but you should be able to leave
it at hardware. Click ok.
Click the "Settings Tab" and check your emulation to ANSIW.
Click the ASCI setup button and select "Echo typed characters locally".
Click ok a couple of times and you should be ok.
Reconnect the "call" and hit enter, which should bring up the dialog from
the router.

If you're still having trouble later, i'll check it out - i have an old ASUS
sitting around here. Iirc the default password was ADSL.

--
Mr Scebe
~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

Craig Shore 10-18-2004 06:14 PM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:23:27 +1300, "Mr Scebe" <Mr_Scebe@nowhere.com> wrote:

>If you're still having trouble later, i'll check it out - i have an old ASUS
>sitting around here. Iirc the default password was ADSL.

It's not my one, someone else I know with one has changed it from the default
password and don't know what they changed it to.

-=rjh=- 10-18-2004 07:02 PM

Craig Shore wrote:
> Anyone know how I can reset the password in an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL Router?

Doesn't the reset button reset *everything*?

Hope so, becuase I have a similar problem with a different router.

SNOman 10-19-2004 01:12 AM

Craig Shore wrote:
> Anyone know how I can reset the password in an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL Router?

From ASUS website

Q: I forgot my password and couldn't enter Web console. Can I reset the
device to bring it back to factory default?

A:You can make it through the RS232 console. Please refer to the console
settings in last question and enter "System Maintenance>Factory Default
Configuration", then you can select yes or no to restore factory
settings. Generally, we don't suggest you change the settings via RS232
console to avoid any ambiguous errors.

SNOman 10-19-2004 01:17 AM

SNOman wrote:
> Craig Shore wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how I can reset the password in an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL
>> Router?
>>

> From ASUS website
>
> Q: I forgot my password and couldn't enter Web console. Can I reset the
> device to bring it back to factory default?
>
> A:You can make it through the RS232 console. Please refer to the console
> settings in last question and enter "System Maintenance>Factory Default
> Configuration", then you can select yes or no to restore factory
> settings. Generally, we don't suggest you change the settings via RS232
> console to avoid any ambiguous errors.

page address is

http://www.asus.com.tw/inside/Techre...dsl-200208.htm