Velocity Reviews

-   -   Keyboard with inbuilt trackpad. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572485-keyboard-with-inbuilt-trackpad.html)

Alan Liefting 10-13-2004 07:25 PM

Keyboard with inbuilt trackpad.

Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track pad
in an arrangement similar to a laptop?

This is to make our PC based stereo a little more ergonomic.

Cheers

Alan Liefting

linkdown 10-13-2004 08:40 PM

Re: Keyboard with inbuilt trackpad.

Alan Liefting <ALiefting.remove@ihug.co.nz> wrote in news:416D8122.1070400
@ihug.co.nz:

> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track pad
> in an arrangement similar to a laptop?
>
> This is to make our PC based stereo a little more ergonomic.
>
> Cheers
>

> Alan Liefting

IBM make one, it's the same keyboard and trackpad as there thinkpads.

rua.

Dave - Dave.net.nz 10-13-2004 09:48 PM

Alan Liefting wrote:
> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track pad
> in an arrangement similar to a laptop?

no, but if you find one thats wireless, tell me.
same purpose as you.

SNOman 10-14-2004 12:55 AM

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Alan Liefting wrote:
>
>> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track pad
>> in an arrangement similar to a laptop?

> no, but if you find one thats wireless, tell me.
> same purpose as you.

These guys do a good range of wireless stuff

http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-keyboard.htm

We've got a 5113 multimedia IR keyboard which we've had for quite a
while. It has an integrated rollerball mouse which you use with your
thumb. I can't see it on the site anymore so presumably it's been
superseded, but I don't know with what.

We sourced it through http://www.acquire.co.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz 10-14-2004 02:29 AM

SNOman wrote:
>>> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track
>>> pad in an arrangement similar to a laptop?

>> no, but if you find one thats wireless, tell me.
>> same purpose as you.

> These guys do a good range of wireless stuff
> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-keyboard.htm
> We've got a 5113 multimedia IR keyboard which we've had for quite a
> while. It has an integrated rollerball mouse which you use with your
> thumb. I can't see it on the site anymore so presumably it's been
> superseded, but I don't know with what.

found this.
http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-21keyboard.htm

SNOman 10-14-2004 03:20 AM

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

>>> no, but if you find one thats wireless, tell me.
>>> same purpose as you.

>> These guys do a good range of wireless stuff
>> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-keyboard.htm
>> We've got a 5113 multimedia IR keyboard which we've had for quite a
>> while. It has an integrated rollerball mouse which you use with your
>> thumb. I can't see it on the site anymore so presumably it's been
>> superseded, but I don't know with what.

> found this.
> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-21keyboard.htm

That's not it, it looks like this

http://www.hardwareseeker.com/products/5113rf/

This is the only picture I've been able to find. You can see the mouse
'button' at the top right, it's a pressure sensitive direction thumb
button. The right/left mouse buttons are at top left.

Dave - Dave.net.nz 10-14-2004 03:24 AM

SNOman wrote:

>>> These guys do a good range of wireless stuff
>>> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-keyboard.htm
>>> We've got a 5113 multimedia IR keyboard which we've had for quite a
>>> while. It has an integrated rollerball mouse which you use with your
>>> thumb. I can't see it on the site anymore so presumably it's been
>>> superseded, but I don't know with what.

>> found this.
>> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-21keyboard.htm

> That's not it, it looks like this
> http://www.hardwareseeker.com/products/5113rf/

I wasn't meaning that I had foundthe replacement one, just some that
would do., the second one on the page looked more suitible than the first.

> This is the only picture I've been able to find. You can see the mouse
> 'button' at the top right, it's a pressure sensitive direction thumb
> button. The right/left mouse buttons are at top left.

we have one or two of them here at work for video conferencing... migth
have a nose around and fine where we get them from.