Velocity Reviews

-   -   modem now showing correct speed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572470-modem-now-showing-correct-speed.html)

traviscn 10-12-2004 10:23 AM

modem now showing correct speed

as of today i noticed that my modem is now showing a different
downstream/upload speed 320/120kbps.
this is for the jetsurf 3gb plan.
i heard that telecom had been planning this.
anyone else noticed?

richard 10-12-2004 10:46 AM

Re: modem now showing correct speed

traviscn wrote:

> as of today i noticed that my modem is now showing a different
> downstream/upload speed 320/120kbps.
> this is for the jetsurf 3gb plan.
> i heard that telecom had been planning this.
> anyone else noticed?

I got a 128/something speed connect once, I dont know if it was noise on the
line or them tryign something, its back to 2.something down 700ish up again now
however.

Craig Whitmore 10-14-2004 08:06 AM

Re: modem now showing correct speed

This is "normal" now. and everyone is going to be moved over to this type of
rate limiting (it'll be 320/160) (256/128 + 25% due to ATM overhead) (your
on jetsurf or I-UBS I presume)

This is in the FAQ section of www.nzdsl.co.nz (Please post any more
questions and they will be answered)

Thanks