Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firefox newbie question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572297-firefox-newbie-question.html)

Dany P. Wu 09-28-2004 07:01 AM

Firefox newbie question

Hi everyone,

Just started using Firefox here - it looks quite nice, albeit loading time
is a bit longer than I'd like.

Anyway, I can't seem to find a setting that will make new URL open in a tab
by default. Is there any way of doing this? Prior to Firefox I used
SlimBrowser. That browser got me used to tabbed-browsing by default, and I
quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to do it.

Cheers,
D.

Collector-NZ 09-28-2004 07:03 AM

Re: Firefox newbie question

Dany P. Wu said the following on 28/09/2004 19:01:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just started using Firefox here - it looks quite nice, albeit loading time
> is a bit longer than I'd like.
>
> Anyway, I can't seem to find a setting that will make new URL open in a tab
> by default. Is there any way of doing this? Prior to Firefox I used
> SlimBrowser. That browser got me used to tabbed-browsing by default, and I
> quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to do it.
>
> Cheers,
> D.

Google for tabbrowser extensions and install the one from the Jap site.

Dany P. Wu 09-28-2004 07:28 AM

Re: Firefox newbie question

"Collector-NZ" <collector_nz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dany P. Wu said the following on 28/09/2004 19:01:
>> Hi everyone,
>> Just started using Firefox here - it looks quite nice, albeit loading
>> time is a bit longer than I'd like.
>> Anyway, I can't seem to find a setting that will make new URL open in
>> a tab by default. Is there any way of doing this? Prior to Firefox I
>> used SlimBrowser. That browser got me used to tabbed-browsing by
>> default, and I quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to
>> do it. Cheers,
>> D.

> Google for tabbrowser extensions and install the one from the Jap site.

That did the trick :o) Thanks!

Jax 09-28-2004 09:58 AM

Re: Firefox newbie question

Dany P. Wu wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just started using Firefox here - it looks quite nice, albeit loading time
> is a bit longer than I'd like.
>
> Anyway, I can't seem to find a setting that will make new URL open in a tab
> by default. Is there any way of doing this? Prior to Firefox I used
> SlimBrowser. That browser got me used to tabbed-browsing by default, and I
> quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to do it.
>
> Cheers,
> D.

or just middle click on URL links (when already using broweser)
I think ctrl and click also does it

Bob McLellan 09-29-2004 06:12 AM

Re: Firefox newbie question

There preload tools for most Moz apps. Have a look around.

SteveM 09-29-2004 09:52 PM

Re: Firefox newbie question

Bob McLellan <bobmcl@ibm.net> wrote in news:415A5238.6060309@ibm.net:

> There preload tools for most Moz apps. Have a look around.
>
> Dany P. Wu wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just started using Firefox here - it looks quite nice, albeit loading
>> time is a bit longer than I'd like.
>>
>> Anyway, I can't seem to find a setting that will make new URL open in
>> a tab by default. Is there any way of doing this? Prior to Firefox I
>> used SlimBrowser. That browser got me used to tabbed-browsing by
>> default, and I quite like it. Would be great if I can get Firefox to
>> do it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> D.

The extension "Tabbrowser Preferences" does this

https://update.mozilla.org/extension...tegory=Tabbed%
20Browsing

SteveM