Velocity Reviews

-   -   Divx/Xvid to DVD/VCD conversion (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t572090-divx-xvid-to-dvd-vcd-conversion.html)

Dave - Dave.net.nz 09-13-2004 08:09 AM

Divx/Xvid to DVD/VCD conversion

Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?

I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
nero VCD wizard or something.

Im I barking up the right tree?

Collector-NZ 09-13-2004 08:25 AM

Re: Divx/Xvid to DVD/VCD conversion

Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 13/09/2004 20:09:

> Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
>
> I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
> into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
> nero VCD wizard or something.
>
> Im I barking up the right tree?

Source >TMPEnc > VCD creation program like nero.

If you have the MPEG plugin for nero it will do the lot.

You where indeed on the right track

Collector-NZ 09-13-2004 08:37 AM

Collector-NZ said the following on 13/09/2004 20:25:

> Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 13/09/2004 20:09:
>
>> Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
>>
>> I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
>> into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
>> nero VCD wizard or something.
>>
>> Im I barking up the right tree?

> Source >TMPEnc > VCD creation program like nero.
>
> If you have the MPEG plugin for nero it will do the lot.
>
> You where indeed on the right track

Opps TMPGEnc

E. Scrooge 09-13-2004 09:51 AM

Re: Divx/Xvid to DVD/VCD conversion

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
message news:2ql2u7F10f8ntU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
>
> I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
> into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
> nero VCD wizard or something.
>
> Im I barking up the right tree?

Power Producer will encode and burn it. You've got examples of what Power
Producer can do.

E. Scrooge

Dave Taylor 09-13-2004 10:16 AM

Re: Divx/Xvid to DVD/VCD conversion

Collector-NZ <collector_nz@hotmail.com> wrote in news:2ql4hqF10l8f2U1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Collector-NZ said the following on 13/09/2004 20:25:
>
>> Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 13/09/2004 20:09:
>>
>>> Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
>>>
>>> I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
>>> into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
>>> nero VCD wizard or something.
>>>
>>> Im I barking up the right tree?

>> Source >TMPEnc > VCD creation program like nero.
>>
>> If you have the MPEG plugin for nero it will do the lot.
>>
>> You where indeed on the right track

> Opps TMPGEnc

I like DVD2SVCD to automate the process.
Doom9 has a good walk through.
Ciao, Dave

Dave - Dave.net.nz 09-13-2004 08:33 PM

E. Scrooge wrote:
> Power Producer will encode and burn it. You've got examples of what Power
> Producer can do.

heh, figured you'd used something like that.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

geoffm 09-13-2004 09:22 PM

Re: Divx/Xvid to DVD/VCD conversion

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:09:51 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:

>Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
>
>I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
>into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
>nero VCD wizard or something.
>
>Im I barking up the right tree?

One thing you will have to watch will be the sound sync. A lot of
programs can't handle the compressed audio of Divx, so th esound gets
out of sync.
http://www.videohelp.com/ is worth a look
Geoff

E. Scrooge 09-13-2004 10:44 PM

"geoffm" <geoff_m@bigfoot.com.DELETECAPS.COM> wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:09:51 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
> <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:
>
> >Ummm anyone know if the DVD ripping tools are fine doing this?
> >
> >I use DVDx on another machine, Im guessing that I have to convert it
> >into a Mpeg file, and then biff it onto a CD using something like the
> >nero VCD wizard or something.
> >
> >Im I barking up the right tree?

> One thing you will have to watch will be the sound sync. A lot of
> programs can't handle the compressed audio of Divx, so th esound gets
> out of sync.
> http://www.videohelp.com/ is worth a look
> Geoff

The easiest way to stuff up the sound sync of Divx files is to edit them
with Virtual Dub, then use whatever to encode them to SVCD or VCD.
Virtual Dub is fine for enhancements etc, just don't start chopping bits
like ads etc out with it. Chopped video sounds fine until it's converted,
unless you use a program that edits without stuffing the sound. Power
Producer works opposite to Virtual Dub when editing, it removes video
segments then merges them into one video ready for conversion and burning.

E. Scrooge