Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to view PAQ file (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t571495-how-to-view-paq-file.html)

Bruce Sinclair 07-26-2004 04:00 AM

Re: How to view PAQ file

In article <ce231j$bvk$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, Bryan <bryanmcnally3@msn.com> was seen to type:
>Is there a program that will open a file ending in .paq on a HP recovery
>cd?

What sort of file is it ? ... or is that the question you are actually
asking ? :)

Bruce

In short, what people think they want is news, but what they really crave
is olds.
Lord Vetinari, ¨The Truth¨ Terry Pratchet

Caution => followups may have been changed to relevant groups
(if there were any)

Bruce Sinclair 07-26-2004 04:09 AM

Re: How to view PAQ file

In article <ce23g2$c31$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, Bryan <bryanmcnally3@msn.com> was seen to type:
<tpf>
>> What sort of file is it ? ... or is that the question you are actually
>> asking ? :)

>I want to view the files inside this archive. Does Hewlett packard

use a
>custom program to insatll windows off the recovery cd's or is there

some
>program I can use to view the files inside the .paq files?

Ah. HP. Right. How old is it ? IIRC, there was a lot of non standard
h/w inside HPs 5+ years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if that was true for
their s/w too. If your file is that old that may indeed be the
problem.
Have you asked them ? (or their current incarnation ... compaq isn't
it ?).

Bryan 07-26-2004 04:58 AM

How to view PAQ file

Bryan 07-26-2004 05:06 AM

Re: How to view PAQ file

Bryan 07-26-2004 05:16 AM

Re: How to view PAQ file

Solved the problem myself. Winrar does the job perfectly.