Velocity Reviews

-   -   Super Dooper Cell Phone purchace.. Also Need New Battery... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t570934-super-dooper-cell-phone-purchace-also-need-new-battery.html)

Peter 06-10-2004 09:59 PM

Super Dooper Cell Phone purchace.. Also Need New Battery...

Hi

My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM with
Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes. I want the
best all round phone I can get...

Mp3
Dictation
organiser
Email..
Pam or MS operating system.. Which is the best...?????
etc..

what's the best phone out there..

Also if there's a newer bigger (smaller) one on the horizon I would love to
know about ..

Please let me know of any phones that you think I should move up to..

Also I would like to get a battery fro my old one to lend to guests.
vodafone done carry them.. Is the a place I can get replacement batteries
from.....

--
Cheers

Peter

Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
http://www.etchpad.com/

EMB 06-10-2004 10:20 PM

Re: Super Dooper Cell Phone purchace.. Also Need New Battery...

In news:40c8d8b7@news.iconz.co.nz,
Peter <peternospam@nospam.nz> expelled:
> Hi
>
> My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM
> with Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes.
> I want the best all round phone I can get...
>
> Mp3
> Dictation
> organiser
> Email..
> Pam or MS operating system.. Which is the best...?????
> etc..
>
> what's the best phone out there..

I've got a Sony Ericcson P800 which does what you want. I don't like it
much (prefer a Palm organiser) but most of my colleagues who have them think
they are excellent. The new P900 is apparently even better - go and have a
play with one at a Vodafone shop.

--
EMB
change two to number to reply

Dave - Dave.net.nz 06-10-2004 10:29 PM

Peter wrote:
> Mp3
> Dictation
> organiser
> Email..
> Pam or MS operating system.. Which is the best...?????

> what's the best phone out there..

IMNSHO Imate Smartphone 2...

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Nik Coughin 06-11-2004 02:14 AM

http://www.thefuturelook.com/future/

Alastair 06-11-2004 08:30 AM

In <caamp9$ld7$1@lust.ihug.co.nz> EMB wrote:

> In news:40c8d8b7@news.iconz.co.nz,
> Peter <peternospam@nospam.nz> expelled:

>> My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM
>> with Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes.
>> I want the best all round phone I can get...

> I've got a Sony Ericcson P800 which does what you want. I don't like
> it much (prefer a Palm organiser) but most of my colleagues who have
> them think they are excellent. The new P900 is apparently even better -
> go and have a play with one at a Vodafone shop.

I second that. The P900 is excellent. The Palm Treo 600 also looks quite
good, but I haven't had the opportunity to play with one as yet.

Be careful where you buy. I've noticed that Ascent has the above models
significantly cheaper than Vodafone stores and dealers.

--
Regards, Alastair.
http://www.alastair.net.nz

Worm 06-12-2004 02:09 AM

"Peter" <peternospam@nospam.nz> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM with
> Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes. I want the
> best all round phone I can get...

Check out celltown.co.nz for batteries - have done business with them
before. And check out pricespy.co.nz 's phone section to check out the best
prices on a new phone...

Worm

Peter 06-12-2004 04:48 AM

Re: Super Dooper Cell Phone purchace.. Also Need New Battery...

Thanks So much Everyone

Tane 06-15-2004 03:58 PM

Re: Super Dooper Cell Phone purchace.. Also Need New Battery...

What-ever you get, get one that can run Java applications.

Why????

Ever wished you had a feature your phone didn't have?????

Well if you spend the time to learn, it is possible to program such a
phone to do just what you want.

And if u cant be bothered, search the net for an app that does do what
you want and load it into your phone!

The GHOST of WOGER. 06-15-2004 05:50 PM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:58:25 -0700, Tane <fake@fake.com> wrote:

>What-ever you get, get one that can run Java applications.
>
>Why????
>
>Ever wished you had a feature your phone didn't have?????
>
>Well if you spend the time to learn, it is possible to program such a
>phone to do just what you want.
>
>And if u cant be bothered, search the net for an app that does do what
>you want and load it into your phone!
>

>Peter wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM with
>> Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes. I want the
>> best all round phone I can get...
>>
>> Mp3
>> Dictation
>> organiser
>> Email..
>> Pam or MS operating system.. Which is the best...?????
>> etc..
>>
>> what's the best phone out there..
>>
>> Also if there's a newer bigger (smaller) one on the horizon I would love to
>> know about ..
>>
>> Please let me know of any phones that you think I should move up to..
>>

>> Also I would like to get a battery fro my old one to lend to guests.
>> vodafone done carry them.. Is the a place I can get replacement batteries
>> from.....

Vodafone is selling the Siemens SL45 for some $129, it was original list was
$1500..

It has all the features you ask and even more..

None in the Wellington area, but they have them up north I was told, my Son &
Partner brought 3 off them, and one for me when I was in Hospital, plus my
one had to come down from Auckland ? this was from the Old Bank Arcade
Vodafone shop in Wellington..

http://www.polyphonic-ringtones-ring...5-reviews.html

http://www.siemens-mobile.com/cds/fr...A15780,00.html

peter 06-16-2004 04:26 AM

Re: Super Dooper Cell Phone Siemens SL45

What it like synching the Siemens SL45 with out USB