Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon LBP-1120 Test Print?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t569705-canon-lbp-1120-test-print.html)

Jeff 02-17-2004 04:16 AM

Canon LBP-1120 Test Print??

Trying to help a friend up north with a problem.

How do you print a manual test page on this printer. Usually you hold down a
button while powering on, but this bugger has no buttons. (or so I'm told)

Help.

pete 02-17-2004 07:05 AM

Re: Canon LBP-1120 Test Print??

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:16:24 +1300, Jeff wrote:

> Trying to help a friend up north with a problem.
>
> How do you print a manual test page on this printer. Usually you hold down a
> button while powering on, but this bugger has no buttons. (or so I'm told)
>
> Help.

Go to
http://canon.co.nz/products/printers...0_support.aspx
You can download manuals, look at the FAQ, etc.
There is an entry in the FAQ about test prints but it appears that it cn
only be done from the widows printer control panel. There might be
something in the manual, though. I dodn't download that (5 meg PDF)

Jeff 02-17-2004 09:15 AM

Re: Canon LBP-1120 Test Print??

news:q504kpacwkgw$.199fnirae8tdg$.dlg@40tude.net.. .

http://canon.co.nz/products/printers..._volume/lbp112
0_support.aspx
> You can download manuals, look at the FAQ, etc.
> There is an entry in the FAQ about test prints but it appears that it cn
> only be done from the widows printer control panel. There might be
> something in the manual, though. I dodn't download that (5 meg PDF)

Thanks for that. Just started the download.

I went thru the canon site in NZ and Aussie but I started on the Download
Manuals button which gave me achoice of product type "printer" then printer
type "laser - Low - medium" but the resulting list of printers didn't
include the 1120. Strange.

Thanks again.

Keith 02-17-2004 09:34 AM

Re: Canon LBP-1120 Test Print??

"Jeff" <no-one@home.com> wrote in message
> Trying to help a friend up north with a problem.
>
> How do you print a manual test page on this printer. Usually you hold down

> button while powering on, but this bugger has no buttons. (or so I'm told)
>
> Help.

I have a Canon printer but not the same as the one you mention. I know that
on my printer after the driver has been installed, it asks for an
alignment/print test, which on my Win98 PC I do by going: START > SETTINGS >
PRINTERS. Then I right-click the printer shown, select Properties and then
on mine it has "Maintenance". So look at the Properties and there may be a
clue on how to test print.