Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Recoarders, no suitable media that lasts..? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t569680-dvd-recoarders-no-suitable-media-that-lasts.html)

Frank Osborn 02-15-2004 04:25 AM

DVD Recoarders, no suitable media that lasts..?

Seems from what I have been reading these are a Utter Con as no decent RW
media that lasts, seems that RW disks can crap out after some 12 uses from
what I have read in the CD news group.

Seems that the Panasonic DVD RAM is the Only way with 100,000 write cycles.

And real facts on this..?

Invisible 02-15-2004 05:38 AM

Re: DVD Recoarders, no suitable media that lasts..?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:25:10 +1300, Frank Osborn
<fosborn@hotmailnospam.com> wrote:

>Seems from what I have been reading these are a Utter Con as no decent RW
>media that lasts, seems that RW disks can crap out after some 12 uses from
>what I have read in the CD news group.

It must be true then Woger, so you'd better not buy one until 2020 when all the
new standards will be in place.

Craig Sutton 02-15-2004 05:49 AM

"Frank Osborn" <fosborn@hotmailnospam.com> wrote in message

> Seems from what I have been reading these are a Utter Con as no decent RW
> media that lasts, seems that RW disks can crap out after some 12 uses

from
> what I have read in the CD news group.
>

> Seems that the Panasonic DVD RAM is the Only way with 100,000 write

cycles.

> And real facts on this..?

Talk to your alter ego Roger Shepard he has the facts on everything

Frank Osborn 02-15-2004 06:33 AM

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:38:51 +1300, Invisible <walk@all-over.me> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:25:10 +1300, Frank Osborn
><fosborn@hotmailnospam.com> wrote:
>

>>Seems from what I have been reading these are a Utter Con as no decent RW
>>media that lasts, seems that RW disks can crap out after some 12 uses from
>>what I have read in the CD news group.

>It must be true then Woger, so you'd better not buy one until 2020 when all the
>new standards will be in place.

Why post such a Idiot Reply..?

Are you metal or some thing.,.?

Frank Osborn 02-15-2004 06:33 AM

Re: DVD Recoarders, no suitable media that lasts..?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:49:25 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <suzXttozXnc@ihug.co.nz>
wrote:

>"Frank Osborn" <fosborn@hotmailnospam.com> wrote in message
>news:pqst20pa9kmorskegaaq945joob38j7mg1@4ax.com.. .
>>

>> Seems from what I have been reading these are a Utter Con as no decent RW
>> media that lasts, seems that RW disks can crap out after some 12 uses

>from
>> what I have read in the CD news group.
>>

>> Seems that the Panasonic DVD RAM is the Only way with 100,000 write

>cycles.
>>
>> And real facts on this..?
>>

>Talk to your alter ego Roger Shepard he has the facts on everything

What not another Idiot..??

Invisible 02-15-2004 07:46 AM

Re: DVD Recoarders, no suitable media that lasts..?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:33:08 +1300, Frank Osborn
<fosborn@hotmailnospam.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:38:51 +1300, Invisible <walk@all-over.me> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:25:10 +1300, Frank Osborn
>><fosborn@hotmailnospam.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Seems from what I have been reading these are a Utter Con as no decent RW
>>>media that lasts, seems that RW disks can crap out after some 12 uses from
>>>what I have read in the CD news group.

>>It must be true then Woger, so you'd better not buy one until 2020 when all the
>>new standards will be in place.
>>

>Why post such a Idiot Reply..?
>
>Are you metal or some thing.,.?

I'm very metal.

Plonker

Daver 02-15-2004 07:48 AM

Re: DVD Recoarders, no suitable media that lasts..?

I guess you wouldn't use RW for anything you seriously want to keep. My +RW
have lasted longer than that but at around 4-5 dollars it not a particularly
major issue anyway.
Give it a few months and tapes will be the expensive media.

Richard Hector 02-15-2004 10:31 AM

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:25:10 +1300, Frank Osborn wrote:

> Seems from what I have been reading these are a Utter Con as no decent RW
> media that lasts, seems that RW disks can crap out after some 12 uses from
> what I have read in the CD news group.

Well what do you expect? You should be reading the DVD group!

Richard

Mainlander 02-15-2004 11:37 AM

Re: DVD Recoarders, no suitable media that lasts..?

In article <pqst20pa9kmorskegaaq945joob38j7mg1@4ax.com>,
fosborn@hotmailnospam.com says...

> Seems from what I have been reading these are a Utter Con as no decent RW
> media that lasts, seems that RW disks can crap out after some 12 uses from
> what I have read in the CD news group.
>

> Seems that the Panasonic DVD RAM is the Only way with 100,000 write cycles.
>
> And real facts on this..?

You mean you don't know?

pete 02-15-2004 09:16 PM

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:33:51 +1300, Frank Osborn wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:49:25 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <suzXttozXnc@ihug.co.nz>
> wrote:
>

>>"Frank Osborn" <fosborn@hotmailnospam.com> wrote in message
>>news:pqst20pa9kmorskegaaq945joob38j7mg1@4ax.com. ..
>>>

>>> Seems from what I have been reading these are a Utter Con as no decent RW
>>> media that lasts, seems that RW disks can crap out after some 12 uses

>>from
>>> what I have read in the CD news group.
>>>

>>> Seems that the Panasonic DVD RAM is the Only way with 100,000 write

>>cycles.
>>>
>>> And real facts on this..?
>>>

>>Talk to your alter ego Roger Shepard he has the facts on everything
>>

> What not another Idiot..??

"fraid so - wogers another idiot (there hundreds of them in Kapiti)