Velocity Reviews

-   -   Throttle your bandwidth usage by app in windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t569353-throttle-your-bandwidth-usage-by-app-in-windows.html)

Brendan 01-23-2004 02:59 AM

Throttle your bandwidth usage by app in windows

Some time ago there was interest in a utility that would allow you to
throttle/shape/control the bandwidth usage of individual apps on a windows
computer. Netpeeker was one app mentioned.

I have recently found netlimiter http://www.netlimiter.com/ to be much
better. More control, and scheduled throttling. It also allows you to
throttle sub-processes, and has nice bar graphs and usage meters.

--

.... Brendan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

Note: All comments are copyright 23/01/2004 3:56:24 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my reccollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Steven H 01-23-2004 03:37 AM

Re: Throttle your bandwidth usage by app in windows

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:59:11 +1300, Brendan wrote:

> Some time ago there was interest in a utility that would allow you to
> throttle/shape/control the bandwidth usage of individual apps on a windows
> computer. Netpeeker was one app mentioned.
>
> I have recently found netlimiter http://www.netlimiter.com/ to be much
> better. More control, and scheduled throttling. It also allows you to
> throttle sub-processes, and has nice bar graphs and usage meters.

what about throtelling individual computers from the network server

Steven H - Dunedin, New Zealand
..net Geek

Brendan 01-24-2004 01:34 AM

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:37:57 +1300, Steven H wrote:

> what about throtelling individual computers from the network server

Thinks so.

--

.... Brendan

"Many a young lady does not realize just how strong her love for a young man is until he fails to pass the approval test with her parents."

Note: All comments are copyright 24/01/2004 2:32:27 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my reccollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Craig Shore 01-25-2004 10:13 AM

Re: Throttle your bandwidth usage by app in windows

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:34:44 +1300, Brendan
<corum.usenet@myrealbox.com.SpamblockerDeleteIt> wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:37:57 +1300, Steven H wrote:
>
>> what about throtelling individual computers from the network server

>Thinks so.

For some reason it killed Pegasus Mail for me. Everything else seemed
to work okay. So I uninstalled it and Pegasus was once again able to
connect to the mail servers.

Brendan 01-25-2004 02:00 PM

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:13:46 +1300, Craig Shore wrote:

>>> what about throtelling individual computers from the network server

>>Thinks so.

> For some reason it killed Pegasus Mail for me. Everything else seemed
> to work okay. So I uninstalled it and Pegasus was once again able to
> connect to the mail servers.

Strange.... No trouble here but not using pegasus...

--

.... Brendan

DISOBEDIENCE, n. The silver lining to the cloud of servitude. -- Ambrose Bierce

Note: All comments are copyright 26/01/2004 2:57:42 a.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my reccollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.