Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   No longer able to access ihug pop3 from xtra (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t569166-no-longer-able-to-access-ihug-pop3-from-xtra.html)

E.C. 01-09-2004 05:26 AM

No longer able to access ihug pop3 from xtra
 
It seems that from today I've been unable to access my pop3 account at ihug
using my xtra connection except from the webmail interface. Anyone else
having this problem? Have they pulled an 'xtra' on us? Frustrating :\

Mike

And yeah, my parents still use the ihug flat rate plan at another location.



E.C. 01-09-2004 10:59 AM

Re: No longer able to access ihug pop3 from xtra
 

"E.C." <santa@southpole.com> wrote in message
news:iXqLb.6396$9k7.129920@news.xtra.co.nz...
> It seems that from today I've been unable to access my pop3 account at

ihug
> using my xtra connection except from the webmail interface. Anyone else
> having this problem? Have they pulled an 'xtra' on us? Frustrating :\
>
> Mike
>
> And yeah, my parents still use the ihug flat rate plan at another

location.

Following this up, it turns out it was my computers problem. It wasn't
letting me access ANY computer on port 110, suspected it was related to a
Norton A.V 2002 crash so rebooted and hey presto we're all back to normal.

Mike



Mainlander 01-09-2004 10:51 PM

Re: No longer able to access ihug pop3 from xtra
 
In article <iXqLb.6396$9k7.129920@news.xtra.co.nz>, santa@southpole.com
says...
> It seems that from today I've been unable to access my pop3 account at ihug
> using my xtra connection except from the webmail interface. Anyone else
> having this problem? Have they pulled an 'xtra' on us? Frustrating :\
>
> Mike
>
> And yeah, my parents still use the ihug flat rate plan at another location.


If sucha thing has been implemented it is to ensure they recover their
costs since they are not getting any money from subscriber fees to cover
the costs of running the email.

--
Full featured open source Win32 newsreader - Gravity 2.70
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/

Peter Huebner 01-11-2004 02:58 AM

Re: No longer able to access ihug pop3 from xtra
 
In article <MPG.1a69dda96f18f2b598a3f3@news.paradise.net.nz >, *@*.*
says...
> If sucha thing has been implemented it is to ensure they recover their
> costs since they are not getting any money from subscriber fees to cover
> the costs of running the email.


Of course they do. No account with Ihug, no email box. Hence the
existence of the email box means there is a subscription being paid.

Hey, it could even be argued that somebody accessing their ihug pop
account from another isp is doing ihug a favour since they are not
taking up a dial-in ;-) hence saving them money.

If it has been implemented that way, it's more likely than not a
misguided security measure or an accident. I would call the helpline and
quizz them about it.

-Peter

Mainlander 01-12-2004 11:16 AM

Re: No longer able to access ihug pop3 from xtra
 
In article <MPG.1a6b8302fd5eb3469896c0@news.nzl.ihugultra.co. nz>,
no.one@this.address says...
> In article <MPG.1a69dda96f18f2b598a3f3@news.paradise.net.nz >, *@*.*
> says...
> > If sucha thing has been implemented it is to ensure they recover their
> > costs since they are not getting any money from subscriber fees to cover
> > the costs of running the email.

>
> Of course they do. No account with Ihug, no email box. Hence the
> existence of the email box means there is a subscription being paid.


If you're on per hour dialup (like I do with xtra) then you're not paying
a cent.

--
Full featured open source Win32 newsreader - Gravity 2.70
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/

colinco 01-12-2004 10:03 PM

Re: No longer able to access ihug pop3 from xtra
 
In article <MPG.1a6d49245281f8c98a42c@news.paradise.net.nz> , *@*.*
says...
> If you're on per hour dialup (like I do with xtra) then you're not paying
> a cent.
>

Didn't xtra migrate all per hour dialup to min $5 per month?

Mainlander 01-13-2004 02:28 AM

Re: No longer able to access ihug pop3 from xtra
 
In article <MPG.1a6de0dda4da66999896bf@news.xtra.co.nz>,
colincomma@yawhoo.com says...
> In article <MPG.1a6d49245281f8c98a42c@news.paradise.net.nz> , *@*.*
> says...
> > If you're on per hour dialup (like I do with xtra) then you're not paying
> > a cent.
> >

> Didn't xtra migrate all per hour dialup to min $5 per month?


So it was claimed. I haven't noticed any difference in bills though.

--
Full featured open source Win32 newsreader - Gravity 2.70
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.