Velocity Reviews

-   -   AS/400 RPG - Job Feedback (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t569145-as-400-rpg-job-feedback.html)

E.C. 01-07-2004 07:31 AM

AS/400 RPG - Job Feedback

I'm looking at a potential (grad) job which involves RPG on an AS/400 as
well as a potential prospect of more modern systems (e.g. possibly sql
server). How bad is RPG? Should I steer clear?

Cheers,

Mike

Enkidu 01-07-2004 08:13 AM

Re: AS/400 RPG - Job Feedback

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:31:36 +1300, "E.C." <santa@southpole.com> wrote:

>I'm looking at a potential (grad) job which involves RPG on an AS/400 as
>well as a potential prospect of more modern systems (e.g. possibly sql
>server). How bad is RPG? Should I steer clear?

It's old, but anything on your CV is good at the grad stage. ANY new
language will increase your flexibility in learning new languages.

Cheers,

Cliff
--

Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods. I don't think
that I could cope with twice.