Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   DSE Trade..?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t569107-dse-trade.html)

Dumdedo 01-04-2004 01:46 AM

DSE Trade..??
 



Seems to me all you get is a 1.35% Discount..?

Is this correct, as to me this is a blatant miss use of the Word Trade..



XPD 01-04-2004 02:18 AM

Re: DSE Trade..??
 

"Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message
news:6krevv48ed3hern901osh94qlhdrcltunh@4ax.com...
>
>
>
> Seems to me all you get is a 1.35% Discount..?
>
> Is this correct, as to me this is a blatant miss use of the Word Trade..
>
>


Friend of mine used his staff discount to get me some DSL filters a few
years ago.. he saved about $0.40c off each one.... obviously staff and
trade discounts mean sfa with them :)



Lebowski 01-04-2004 02:22 AM

Re: DSE Trade..??
 

"Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message
news:6krevv48ed3hern901osh94qlhdrcltunh@4ax.com...
>..this is a blatant miss use of the Word Trade..
>
>


...and this is a blatant misuse of the word "misuse"



E. Scrooge 01-04-2004 03:13 AM

Re: DSE Trade..??
 

"Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message
news:6krevv48ed3hern901osh94qlhdrcltunh@4ax.com...
>
>
>
> Seems to me all you get is a 1.35% Discount..?
>
> Is this correct, as to me this is a blatant miss use of the Word Trade..


It most likely depends what the profit margins are for each item, especially
is the goods are already on a good special sale price.

Still, if you don't want the goods then simply don't buy them, and just
think what you'll save then.

E. Scrooge



Roger Johnstone 01-04-2004 05:53 AM

Re: DSE Trade..??
 
In <3ff7795d$1@news.maxnet.co.nz> XPD wrote:
>
> "Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:6krevv48ed3hern901osh94qlhdrcltunh@4ax.com...
>>
>>
>>
>> Seems to me all you get is a 1.35% Discount..?
>>
>> Is this correct, as to me this is a blatant miss use of the Word
>> Trade..
>>
>>

>
> Friend of mine used his staff discount to get me some DSL filters a
> few years ago.. he saved about $0.40c off each one.... obviously
> staff and trade discounts mean sfa with them :)


It depends on the item. For any low-profit margin stuff like a lot of
the consumer electronics (e.g. $97 DVD players) or computer equipment
they sell, DSE offers little or no trade discount. On the other hand, I
regularly charge stuff to the work account rather than paying in store
because for some stuff they do give a good discount. Sometimes the staff
complain that we get a better price than they do!

--
Roger Johnstone, Invercargill, New Zealand

Apple II - FutureCop:LAPD - iMac Game Wizard
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~rojaws/
__________________________________________________ ______________________
No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Kryten, from the Red Dwarf episode "The Last Day"

Bruce Simpson 01-04-2004 06:05 AM

Re: DSE Trade..??
 
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:22:10 +1300, "Lebowski"
<dude_abides@treehorn.net> wrote:

>
>"Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message
>news:6krevv48ed3hern901osh94qlhdrcltunh@4ax.com.. .
>>..this is a blatant miss use of the Word Trade..
>>
>>

>
>..and this is a blatant misuse of the word "misuse"


Look, I've told you a million times -- don't exagerate!


--
you can contact me via http://aardvark.co.nz/contact/

steve 01-04-2004 10:42 AM

Re: DSE Trade..??
 
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:46:07 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:

> Seems to me all you get is a 1.35% Discount..?
>
> Is this correct, as to me this is a blatant miss use of the Word Trade..


Aren't they a retailer? Why would they have a "trade" rate at all?

Graeme Woollett 01-04-2004 07:58 PM

Re: DSE Trade..??
 
steve wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:46:07 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:
>
>
>>Seems to me all you get is a 1.35% Discount..?
>>
>>Is this correct, as to me this is a blatant miss use of the Word Trade..

>
>
> Aren't they a retailer? Why would they have a "trade" rate at all?

Some of their trade prices are worth it, I bought some coax and
connectors the other day, cost me $5 with a trade card vs $15 without
one. It's only "trade" items that have the bigger discounts. The
"consumer" item discounts are pathetic, along with the quality of most
of their parts.
RS and Farnell are better sources for serious electronics ppl



Nicolaas Hawkins 01-04-2004 11:17 PM

Re: DSE Trade..??
 

> steve wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:46:07 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:
>>
>>>Seems to me all you get is a 1.35% Discount..?
>>>
>>>Is this correct, as to me this is a blatant miss use of the Word Trade..

>>
>> Aren't they a retailer? Why would they have a "trade" rate at all?

> Some of their trade prices are worth it, I bought some coax and
> connectors the other day, cost me $5 with a trade card vs $15 without
> one. It's only "trade" items that have the bigger discounts. The
> "consumer" item discounts are pathetic, along with the quality of most
> of their parts.
> RS and Farnell are better sources for serious electronics ppl


Perhaps if DSE were to be a bit more selective in issuing the trade cards
- i.e., not giving them out to every Tom, Dick and weekend backyard
soldering-iron jockey, they might be able to afford to give those who are
genuinely in the trade a worthwhile discount.
--
Regards,
Nicolaas.



- Self-made man: A horrible example of unskilled labour.

Uncle StoatWarbler 01-04-2004 11:56 PM

Re: DSE Trade..??
 
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:46:07 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:

> Seems to me all you get is a 1.35% Discount..?


Sounds about right for DickHeadSmiths

Their reseller rates aren't much better either.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.