Velocity Reviews

-   -   Richo 80 meg Gold spindles $30inc (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568965-richo-80-meg-gold-spindles-30inc.html)

Dumdedo 12-20-2003 05:45 AM

Richo 80 meg Gold spindles $30inc

The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD at $30inc

I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about them..

Nicolaas Hawkins 12-20-2003 06:13 AM

Re: Richo 80 meg Gold spindles $30inc

On 20 Dec 2003 Roger Sheppard, posting as Dumdedo, wrote

> The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
> at $30inc

Cheaper elsewhere.

> I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

I do.

> So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about
> them..

They did.

To use your own unhelpful words, "You get what you pay for".

--
Nicolaas.

- Lamb's grandmother: Baaa-Nana.

al 12-20-2003 06:29 AM

Re: Richo 80 meg Gold spindles $30inc

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:45:49 +1300, Dumdedo
<ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote:

>The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD at $30inc
>
>I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..
>
>So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about them..

Just bought a 50 Cd spindle this morning at the computer flea market
in Panmure for $25.00 inc.

Have already burned 5 discs without any problem using an Aopen
32-12-48 writer.

HTH

Tim 12-20-2003 08:25 AM

Re: Richo 80 meg Gold spindles $30inc

Dumdedo <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in

> The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
> at $30inc
>
> I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

I can answer that - Ricoh. They have their own factory

> So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about
> them..

I've been told they are good - have yet to try a spindle myself.

--
Tim
- <insert witty signature here>

Dumdedo 12-20-2003 08:43 AM

Re: Richo 80 meg Gold spindles $30inc

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 06:13:20 +0000 (UTC), Nicolaas Hawkins <raptor@top.net.nz>
wrote:

>On 20 Dec 2003 Roger Sheppard, posting as Dumdedo, wrote
>

>> The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
>> at $30inc

>Cheaper elsewhere.
>

>> I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

>I do.
>

>> So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about
>> them..

>They did.
>

>To use your own unhelpful words, "You get what you pay for".

Gee is this new group only full of Retards..

Nicolaas Hawkins 12-20-2003 09:05 AM

Re: Richo 80 meg Gold spindles $30inc

On 20 Dec 2003, Dumdedo wrote

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 06:13:20 +0000 (UTC), Nicolaas Hawkins
> <raptor@top.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>On 20 Dec 2003 Roger Sheppard, posting as Dumdedo, wrote
>>

>>> The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
>>> at $30inc

>>Cheaper elsewhere.
>>

>>> I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

>>I do.
>>

>>> So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved
>>> about them..

>>They did.
>>

>>To use your own unhelpful words, "You get what you pay for".

> Gee is this new group only full of Retards..

Wassamatter, diddums? Don't you like having your own style of unhelpful
CRAP reply thrown back at you?

The only retard here is you. And, boy! Are YOU ever a retard!

--

- Do you suffer from dementia, or do you enjoy every moment of it?

~misfit~ 12-20-2003 09:22 AM

Tim wrote:
> Dumdedo <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in
>

>> The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
>> at $30inc
>>
>> I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

> I can answer that - Ricoh. They have their own factory
>
>> So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved
>> about them..

> I've been told they are good - have yet to try a spindle myself.

I've used quite a few with no problems. Mind you, although they are rated at
40X and my drive can write at 52X I always write at 16X or less, with any
media.
--
~misfit~

Gib Bogle 12-21-2003 01:01 AM

~misfit~ wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>
>>Dumdedo <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in
>>news:5ao7uv89t1800ue8264dufjknbm7ska1qr@4ax.co m:
>>

>>>The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
>>>at $30inc
>>>
>>>I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

>>I can answer that - Ricoh. They have their own factory
>>

>>>So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved
>>>about them..

>>I've been told they are good - have yet to try a spindle myself.

> I've used quite a few with no problems. Mind you, although they are rated at
> 40X and my drive can write at 52X I always write at 16X or less, with any
> media.

Before fixing Easy CD Creator I was blaming the Ricoh disks -
coincidentally I was using them for the first time. MC Technology has
them cheap in Sandringham.

Gib

~misfit~ 12-21-2003 06:34 AM

Gib Bogle wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Tim wrote:
>>
>>> Dumdedo <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in

>>> I can answer that - Ricoh. They have their own factory

>>> I've been told they are good - have yet to try a spindle myself.

>> I've used quite a few with no problems. Mind you, although they are
>> rated at 40X and my drive can write at 52X I always write at 16X or
>> less, with any media.

> Before fixing Easy CD Creator I was blaming the Ricoh disks -
> coincidentally I was using them for the first time. MC Technology has
> them cheap in Sandringham.

As does QMB in Mt. Roskill. $22-odd + GST for a 50 spindle.
--
~misfit~