Velocity Reviews

-   -   best free image editor? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568961-best-free-image-editor.html)

Russell Smithies 12-20-2003 12:22 AM

Re: best free image editor?

K wrote:
> Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
> shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

gimp

(the software, not you)
:-)

Russell

Dumdedo 12-20-2003 12:54 AM

Re: best free image editor?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:22:26 +1300, "Russell Smithies"
<russell.DOTsmithies@ATxtra.DOTco.DOTnz> wrote:

>K wrote:
>> Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
>> shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

>gimp
>
>(the software, not you)
>:-)
>

>Russell

Is this not the Luni lunix stuff.?

Howard 12-20-2003 01:06 AM

Re: best free image editor?

Dumdedo wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:22:26 +1300, "Russell Smithies"
> <russell.DOTsmithies@ATxtra.DOTco.DOTnz> wrote:
>
>> K wrote:
>>> Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
>>> shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

>> gimp

> Is this not the Luni lunix stuff.?

Open source - yes. Butit's available in both Windows and Linux.

But as easy to use... I'd definitely put it in the power user class. RTFM
required!

Aaron Lawrence 12-20-2003 02:17 AM

Re: best free image editor?

Suddenly, K sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
> shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

Shareware is not freeware :)

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

Steve Robertson 12-20-2003 02:18 AM

Re: best free image editor?

In article <p2f9uvkc3a36v58lmce9sdnogc3v61lcoo@4ax.com>, K <karenulim@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
>shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

paintshop pro v5
This was free on a Aus comp mag about a month or so ago
Gimp for Win is pretty good once you get used to it (not the easyiest)

GraB 12-20-2003 03:33 AM

Re: best free image editor?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:18:32 -0800, K <karenulim@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
>shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

December APC mag has Paint Shop Pro 5 full version free. Many PC mag
CD also have the Gimp, a PhotoShop equivelant with an unusual
interface.

madknoxie 12-20-2003 03:49 AM

Re: best free image editor?

In article <7mg7uvssfumqs39dcdm0tep677a40lqe10@4ax.com>,
GraB <grab@anything.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:18:32 -0800, K <karenulim@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
> >shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

> December APC mag has Paint Shop Pro 5 full version free. Many PC mag
> CD also have the Gimp, a PhotoShop equivelant with an unusual
> interface.

What's unusual about it?

--
madknoxie

Gordon 12-20-2003 04:38 AM

Re: best free image editor?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:49:27 +1300, madknoxie wrote:

>> December APC mag has Paint Shop Pro 5 full version free. Many PC mag
>> CD also have the Gimp, a PhotoShop equivelant with an unusual
>> interface.

> What's unusual about it?

Take it for a test drive. You will need a very mouse though as she really
gets a work out. Menu of the pop up kind, is right click.

John 12-20-2003 07:19 AM

Re: best free image editor?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:18:32 -0800, K <karenulim@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
>shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

Check out InfranView, not as advanced as PSP but freeware and great
for manging all your images off your digital camera...

tucows.ihug.co.nz

Ralph Fox 12-20-2003 07:39 AM

Re: best free image editor?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:19:47 +1300, in article
<0vt7uvgq8pv27ppb32jrvcncsdjatre58k@4ax.com>, John wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:18:32 -0800, K <karenulim@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
> >shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

> Check out InfranView, not as advanced as PSP but freeware and great
> for manging all your images off your digital camera...

IrfanView is an excellent fast image viewer which handles many different image formats.
IrfanView can also do conversion from one image format to another.
Even so, IrfanView is not an image editor.

Or http://www.irfanview.com/

--
Cheers,
Ralph