Velocity Reviews

-   -   Decent US Mail Orders for Computer Parts.. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568911-decent-us-mail-orders-for-computer-parts.html)

Dumdedo 12-16-2003 03:44 AM

Decent US Mail Orders for Computer Parts..

Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do charge a
fee like some do.

After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..

I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US for $200
or less.

Thanks

harry 12-16-2003 04:01 AM

Re: Decent US Mail Orders for Computer Parts..

Dumdedo wrote:
> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do
> charge a fee like some do.
>

> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
>
> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
> for $200 or less.
>
> Thanks

Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100 Fedex =
Hardly worth the trouble

Ralph Mason 12-16-2003 04:09 AM

"Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message

> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do

charge a
> fee like some do.
>

> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
>
> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US for

$200
> or less.

I usually find ebay to be a good place. Just make sure they will ship USPS
expedited. That should only cost about $10 for the card (note, this is not
UPS).

Look for a trader that will sell world wide and take payment via Credit card
or Paypal.

Here is one for $255 + $25 shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=40161
or $423 NZ in total, this is under the amount where they will collect GST
($500), a cool savings of $250.

Ralph

E. Scrooge 12-16-2003 04:24 AM

Re: Decent US Mail Orders for Computer Parts..

"Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message

> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do

charge a
> fee like some do.
>

> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..

How long is it going to stay decent for?

If you're happy with the card, does it really matter how much it cost? If
it does matter, they'll be a lot cheaper next year.

E. Scrooge

Dumdedo 12-16-2003 06:38 AM

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <xx@xx.xx> wrote:

>Dumdedo wrote:
>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do
>> charge a fee like some do.
>>

>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
>>
>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
>> for $200 or less.
>>
>> Thanks

>Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100 Fedex =
>Hardly worth the trouble

Most are arounf $200 or less..

And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..

Dumdedo 12-16-2003 06:41 AM

Re: Decent US Mail Orders for Computer Parts..

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:09:56 +1300, "Ralph Mason"
<masonralph_at_yahoo_dot_com@thisisnotarealaddress .com> wrote:

>"Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message
>news:fnvstv4um17gq2gohj2pbf6mj8tqikkj7b@4ax.com.. .
>>

>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do

>charge a
>> fee like some do.
>>

>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
>>
>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US for

>$200
>> or less.

>I usually find ebay to be a good place. Just make sure they will ship USPS
>expedited. That should only cost about $10 for the card (note, this is not
>UPS).
>
>Look for a trader that will sell world wide and take payment via Credit card
>or Paypal.
>
>Here is one for $255 + $25 shipping
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=40161
>or $423 NZ in total, this is under the amount where they will collect GST
>($500), a cool savings of $250.
>
>Ralph

GST is paid on landed cost of over $400nz..

I have read that their are plenty of cards in the $200 price range.

Dumdedo 12-16-2003 06:44 AM

Re: Decent US Mail Orders for Computer Parts..

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:24:11 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <e.scrooge@ieyehug.co.nz
(remove eye)> wrote:

>"Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message
>news:fnvstv4um17gq2gohj2pbf6mj8tqikkj7b@4ax.com.. .
>>

>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do

>charge a
>> fee like some do.
>>

>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..

>How long is it going to stay decent for?
>
>If you're happy with the card, does it really matter how much it cost? If
>it does matter, they'll be a lot cheaper next year.
>
>E. Scrooge

Please translate for me, I was never taught Gobble gook at school..

Thanks

harry 12-16-2003 06:49 AM

Ralph Mason wrote:
> "Dumdedo" <ddd@ihog.co.nz> wrote in message
>>

>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
>> do charge a fee like some do.
>>

>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
>>
>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
>> for $200 or less.

> I usually find ebay to be a good place. Just make sure they will
> ship USPS expedited. That should only cost about $10 for the card
> (note, this is not UPS).
>
> Look for a trader that will sell world wide and take payment via
> Credit card or Paypal.
>
> Here is one for $255 + $25 shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=40161
> or $423 NZ in total, this is under the amount where they will collect
> GST ($500), a cool savings of $250.
>
> Ralph

What will you do if it doesn't work ?

harry 12-16-2003 06:53 AM

Dumdedo wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <xx@xx.xx> wrote:
>
>> Dumdedo wrote:
>>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
>>> do charge a fee like some do.
>>>

>>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
>>>
>>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
>>> for $200 or less.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100
>> Fedex = Hardly worth the trouble
>>

> Most are arounf $200 or less..
>
> And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..

What will you do when it doesn't work ?
What will you do when it doesn't arrive ?

Stuart 12-16-2003 07:13 AM

> >> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..

> >How long is it going to stay decent for?
> >
> >If you're happy with the card, does it really matter how much it cost?

If
> >it does matter, they'll be a lot cheaper next year.

> Please translate for me, I was never taught Gobble gook at school..

He's saying a graphics cards' performance isn't going to get any worse over
time, but the price will be lower if you wait until next year.

If any of my post contains gobbledegook, please let me know.

Stuart