Velocity Reviews

-   -   Alcatel 735 - No data cable with phone (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568772-alcatel-735-no-data-cable-with-phone.html)

me here 12-04-2003 07:39 AM

Alcatel 735 - No data cable with phone

Bought the new Alcatel one touch 735 from Vodafone and it comes with
software CD in the nice blue box but no data cable. What is the point of
the software??

To make matters worse I have been after one for weeks and Vodafone say
they have none in the country.

Anyone know of another source for a data cable.

Aside from all this I like the phone.

Gavin

Rider 12-04-2003 07:51 PM

Re: Alcatel 735 - No data cable with phone

"me here" <donotspam@notspam.spam> wrote in message
> Bought the new Alcatel one touch 735 from Vodafone and it comes with
> software CD in the nice blue box but no data cable. What is the point of
> the software??
>
> To make matters worse I have been after one for weeks and Vodafone say
> they have none in the country.
>
> Anyone know of another source for a data cable.
>
> Aside from all this I like the phone.
>
> Gavin

TradeMe usually has quite a few people selling data cables for a range of
phones.

Rider

C 12-05-2003 06:42 AM

Re: Alcatel 735 - No data cable with phone

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:39:31 +1300, me here <donotspam@notspam.spam>
wrote:

>Bought the new Alcatel one touch 735 from Vodafone and it comes with
>software CD in the nice blue box but no data cable. What is the point of
>the software??
>
>To make matters worse I have been after one for weeks and Vodafone say
>they have none in the country.
>
>Anyone know of another source for a data cable.
>
>Aside from all this I like the phone.
>
>Gavin

Get an irda (infrared) adapter instead. I've seen them on trademe for
$40 and will also work on your Palm and other devices.

Se7en Angel 12-06-2003 03:24 AM

Re: Alcatel 735 - No data cable with phone

Hello,

Data-cable for the Alcatel 735 is available in NZ. The MSRP is $89.00
incl GST. I would suggest going to a Vodafone NZ store. If they have
none in stock, they can order this for you.

Hope it helps.

me here 12-07-2003 12:02 AM

Se7en Angel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Data-cable for the Alcatel 735 is available in NZ. The MSRP is $89.00
> incl GST. I would suggest going to a Vodafone NZ store. If they have
> none in stock, they can order this for you.
>
> Hope it helps.

The VOdafone store has been saying it is not available in NZ.

If I got an Infared adapter how good would that be in comparison to the
USB data cable?