Velocity Reviews

-   -   800Mb/90min CD-Rs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568657-800mb-90min-cd-rs.html)

SNOman 11-27-2003 03:24 AM

800Mb/90min CD-Rs

Who in Auckland sells these and how much?

TIA

T.N.O. 11-27-2003 03:28 AM

Re: 800Mb/90min CD-Rs

SNOman wrote:
> Who in Auckland sells these and how much?

Not really what you'r after, but Big Byte is the only place I have seen
ever sell these.

Peter Huebner 11-27-2003 04:33 AM

Re: 800Mb/90min CD-Rs

In article <bq3qp6$ner$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, spammers.suck@sodoff.com
says...
> Who in Auckland sells these and how much?
>
> TIA

Jaycar in Glenfield had some a couple of months ago. Around $1.40 each
for buying 10 i.i.r.c.

-P.

Wombus 11-27-2003 07:10 AM

Re: 800Mb/90min CD-Rs

"SNOman" <spammers.suck@sodoff.com> wrote in message
> Who in Auckland sells these and how much?
>
> TIA

Last time i brought some was from warehouse stationary.... Melody brand
about $14 for a 10 pack. I think they still stock them. They state that
they are 90min-790MB. I have had no problems with them

SteveM 11-27-2003 08:07 AM

Re: 800Mb/90min CD-Rs

"Wombus" <wombus@hotmailing-neyspammy.com> wrote in news:3fc5a386
@clear.net.nz:

> "SNOman" <spammers.suck@sodoff.com> wrote in message
>> Who in Auckland sells these and how much?
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Last time i brought some was from warehouse stationary.... Melody brand
> about $14 for a 10 pack. I think they still stock them. They state that
> they are 90min-790MB. I have had no problems with them

I second that. The only place I could find them (or just the last place I
looked!)

SteveM

SNOman 11-27-2003 08:09 PM

Re: 800Mb/90min CD-Rs

Wombus wrote:

> "SNOman" <spammers.suck@sodoff.com> wrote in message
>
>>Who in Auckland sells these and how much?
>>
>>TIA
>>

> Last time i brought some was from warehouse stationary.... Melody brand
> about $14 for a 10 pack. I think they still stock them. They state that
> they are 90min-790MB. I have had no problems with them

Got one of them real close to me so will have a look. Thanks for the tip.

SNOman 11-27-2003 09:04 PM

Re: 800Mb/90min CD-Rs

Wombus wrote:

> "SNOman" <spammers.suck@sodoff.com> wrote in message
>
>>Who in Auckland sells these and how much?
>>
>>TIA
>>

> Last time i brought some was from warehouse stationary.... Melody brand
> about $14 for a 10 pack. I think they still stock them. They state that
> they are 90min-790MB. I have had no problems with them

Just got hold of some but my Nero advises that I cannot copy a 746Mb
file to them as there is not enough capacity. Do I need to activate the
overburn feature of NERO? and set it to 90 minutes?

SNOman 11-27-2003 09:49 PM

Shitty Toshiba Burner

SNOman wrote:

> Wombus wrote:
>
>> "SNOman" <spammers.suck@sodoff.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Who in Auckland sells these and how much?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> Last time i brought some was from warehouse stationary.... Melody brand
>> about $14 for a 10 pack. I think they still stock them. They state that
>> they are 90min-790MB. I have had no problems with them
>>

> Just got hold of some but my Nero advises that I cannot copy a 746Mb
> file to them as there is not enough capacity. Do I need to activate the
> overburn feature of NERO? and set it to 90 minutes?

AAAARrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Seems I can't burn 800Mb CD's on my Toshiba burner anyway. It's a
hardware thing.

Now might be a good time to buy a DVD burner anyway.

GraB 11-28-2003 03:33 AM

Re: 800Mb/90min CD-Rs

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:04:49 +1300, SNOman <spammers.suck@sodoff.com>
wrote:

>Wombus wrote:
>
>> "SNOman" <spammers.suck@sodoff.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Who in Auckland sells these and how much?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>> Last time i brought some was from warehouse stationary.... Melody brand
>> about $14 for a 10 pack. I think they still stock them. They state that
>> they are 90min-790MB. I have had no problems with them
>>

>Just got hold of some but my Nero advises that I cannot copy a 746Mb
>file to them as there is not enough capacity. Do I need to activate the
>overburn feature of NERO? and set it to 90 minutes?

Yes. Just done it myself. Nero reported that the CD was a 703Mb.
Apparently that is common with oversize CDs.

Step by step guide here:

http://www.thedolphinreview.com/Link...lkthrough.html