Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   DSE LCD screens (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568433-dse-lcd-screens.html)

C 11-11-2003 06:58 AM

DSE LCD screens
 

For those that bitch about DSE's high prices........


,,,,,,Hamilton (Barton St) have new DSE 15" LCD screens for sale at
$388 inc GST

Has anyone seen a better price?



nrennie 11-11-2003 08:39 AM

Re: DSE LCD screens
 
Do you really want a 15 inch monitor?



C wrote:
>
> For those that bitch about DSE's high prices........
>
>
> ,,,,,,Hamilton (Barton St) have new DSE 15" LCD screens for sale at
> $388 inc GST
>
> Has anyone seen a better price?
>
>



Nicholas Sherlock 11-11-2003 08:44 AM

Re: DSE LCD screens
 
nrennie wrote:
> Do you really want a 15 inch monitor?


15" LCDs are usually have the same viewable area of a 17" CRT.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock



Richard Malcolm-Smith 11-11-2003 08:53 AM

Re: DSE LCD screens
 
C wrote:


> For those that bitch about DSE's high prices........
>
>
> ,,,,,,Hamilton (Barton St) have new DSE 15" LCD screens for sale at
> $388 inc GST
>
> Has anyone seen a better price?


If its like the one I have seen in DSE, the panel in my 4 year old laptop is
better. Viewing angle that would be lucky to be in the double digits, and no
matter what you did with the vertical angle it was not the same contrast at the
top and bottom till you were several meters away.


Murray Symon 11-11-2003 08:58 AM

Re: DSE LCD screens
 
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:44:55 +1300, Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

> nrennie wrote:
>> Do you really want a 15 inch monitor?

>
> 15" LCDs are usually have the same viewable area of a 17" CRT.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock


17 inch CRT monitors are usually closer to 16 inch viewable area.

Murray.


C 11-11-2003 09:16 AM

Re: DSE LCD screens
 
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:53:42 +1300, Richard Malcolm-Smith
<rich@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>C wrote:
>
>
>> For those that bitch about DSE's high prices........
>>
>>
>> ,,,,,,Hamilton (Barton St) have new DSE 15" LCD screens for sale at
>> $388 inc GST
>>
>> Has anyone seen a better price?

>
>If its like the one I have seen in DSE, the panel in my 4 year old laptop is
>better. Viewing angle that would be lucky to be in the double digits, and no
>matter what you did with the vertical angle it was not the same contrast at the
>top and bottom till you were several meters away.


Looks like its a rebadged Proview 568.






C 11-11-2003 09:19 AM

Re: DSE LCD screens
 
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:39:53 +1300, nrennie <dream@on.commie> wrote:

>Do you really want a 15 inch monitor?
>
>
>
>C wrote:
>>
>> For those that bitch about DSE's high prices........
>>
>>
>> ,,,,,,Hamilton (Barton St) have new DSE 15" LCD screens for sale at
>> $388 inc GST
>>
>> Has anyone seen a better price?


a 15 inch LCD screen isn't too far off a 17" CRT.

Do you really want a huge CRT sitting on your desk spewing out
radiation? :-)

I had a 21" on my desk and the desk had a noticeable sag in it. My 17"
is better but does take up a lot of space.



Richard Malcolm-Smith 11-12-2003 09:16 AM

Re: DSE LCD screens
 
> a 15 inch LCD screen isn't too far off a 17" CRT.
>
> Do you really want a huge CRT sitting on your desk spewing out
> radiation? :-)


If it means I can have a decent resolution for under $2000, then yes.

> I had a 21" on my desk and the desk had a noticeable sag in it. My 17"
> is better but does take up a lot of space.


Stop buying MDF cardboard furnature.



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.