Velocity Reviews

-   -   Amusing dig at MS on Bond film (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568130-amusing-dig-at-ms-on-bond-film.html)

GraB 10-19-2003 10:40 AM

Amusing dig at MS on Bond film

In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

Uncle StoatWarbler 10-19-2003 12:18 PM

Re: Amusing dig at MS on Bond film

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB wrote:

> In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
> dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
> intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
> upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

Every time it screens, yes.

John 10-19-2003 06:26 PM

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB <grab@qwerty.co.nz> wrote:

>In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
>dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
>intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
>upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

yep, even my wife picked up on it...
there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

Philip Roy 10-19-2003 06:39 PM

Re: Amusing dig at MS on Bond film

In article <pan.2003.10.19.12.18.00.973100@digistar.com>,
"Uncle StoatWarbler" <alanb+google4@digistar.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB wrote:
>
> > In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
> > dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
> > intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
> > upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

> Every time it screens, yes.

Or for a supposedly more blatant spin on Bill Gates, see the rediculous
"AntiTrust"....
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0218817/
As the quotes section on the site says...
"Milo : Doesn't Bill Gates have something like that?
Gary : Bill Who?"

I give it two thumbs down.

Phil
--
MacGuide @ NZMac.com :: http://www.macguide.co.nz
All Mac - All Kiwi

Steven H 10-19-2003 08:16 PM

Re: Amusing dig at MS on Bond film

In article <jol5pvgqp4f14btpsvg2579nbulbognjt6@4ax.com>, john@ihug.co.nz
says...
> On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB <grab@qwerty.co.nz> wrote:
>
> >In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
> >dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
> >intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
> >upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

> yep, even my wife picked up on it...
> there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
> that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

how else can they afford to trash so many vehicles -
Steven H

steve 10-19-2003 10:42 PM

John allegedly said:

> On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB <grab@qwerty.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
>>dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
>>intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
>>upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

> yep, even my wife picked up on it...
> there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
> that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

A Bit?

Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :-)

--
defenestrate: The act of replacing Windows on your PC with some other
operating system.

The Hobbit 10-20-2003 03:05 AM

"steve" <steve@unowut.org> wrote in message
> John allegedly said:
>
> > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB <grab@qwerty.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> >>In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
> >>dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
> >>intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
> >>upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

> > yep, even my wife picked up on it...
> > there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
> > that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

> A Bit?
>
> Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :-)

Or indeed ads for vehicle placements...

A surprising number of black Range Rovers available in China it would
seem...

Jason M 10-20-2003 05:01 AM

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:42:40 +1300, steve <steve@unowut.org> wrote:

>Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :-)

Where do we buy the torpedo with rotating cutters at the front?

steve 10-20-2003 12:32 PM

Jason M allegedly said:

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:42:40 +1300, steve <steve@unowut.org> wrote:
>
>>Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :-)

> Where do we buy the torpedo with rotating cutters at the front?

You better rent it again. :-)

steve 10-20-2003 12:33 PM

The Hobbit allegedly said:

> "steve" <steve@unowut.org> wrote in message
>> John allegedly said:

>> > yep, even my wife picked up on it...
>> > there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
>> > that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

>> A Bit?
>>
>> Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :-)
>>

> Or indeed ads for vehicle placements...
>
> A surprising number of black Range Rovers available in China it would
> seem...

The usual term for it.....which I had partly remembered and partly
forgotten.....is:

"product placements".