Velocity Reviews

-   -   Connecting x-box controller to pc? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568076-connecting-x-box-controller-to-pc.html)

v3 10-14-2003 11:08 PM

Connecting x-box controller to pc?

Anyone tried doing this, I see you can buy x-box usb cables from overseas
but do you need a x-box controller driver to get it to work on a pc?

PapaPump 10-14-2003 11:16 PM

Re: Connecting x-box controller to pc?

"v3" <v3@v3.com> wrote in message news:bmhvlp$eko$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Anyone tried doing this, I see you can buy x-box usb cables from overseas
> but do you need a x-box controller driver to get it to work on a pc?

Nope they're standard USB devices so work fine. Same with a keyboard and
mouse on an Xbox works fine also.

PapaPump.

Brad 10-15-2003 05:15 AM

Re: Connecting x-box controller to pc?

I had to download a driver for my pc to get it to work .. seemed ok .. only
tried it for a minute.

There was actually a GUI interface to set it up .. and assign the buttons /
axis as well

I purchased mine on trademe .. might be cheaper than sourcing from overseas

Richard Malcolm-Smith 10-15-2003 09:43 AM

PapaPump wrote:
> "v3" <v3@v3.com> wrote in message news:bmhvlp$eko$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>
>>Anyone tried doing this, I see you can buy x-box usb cables from overseas
>>but do you need a x-box controller driver to get it to work on a pc?
>>

> Nope they're standard USB devices so work fine. Same with a keyboard and
> mouse on an Xbox works fine also.

There is a driver for the controller, its not a standard one,

Also, anyone know what the additional wire in the xbox controller cable is for?
seems to be ok on the xbox without it going from xbox->usb->xbox