Velocity Reviews

-   -   HP DESK JET PORTABLE battery. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568018-hp-desk-jet-portable-battery.html)

asdf 10-10-2003 08:27 PM

HP DESK JET PORTABLE battery.

Hey, dose someone have one of these and can tell me what voltage the battery
is meant to be, and also which side of the power connectors is positive and
which is negative on the printer.

asdf 10-10-2003 08:35 PM

Re: HP DESK JET PORTABLE battery.

ps, i would like to know so i can bulid a battery my self.

~misfit~ 10-10-2003 11:18 PM

> ps, i would like to know so i can bulid a battery my self.
> "asdf" <badspam@badspam.spam> wrote in message
> > Hey, dose someone have one of these and can tell me what voltage the

> battery
> > is meant to be, and also which side of the power connectors is positive

> and
> > which is negative on the printer.

I have a friend who is contemplating doing this very thing himself and wants
this info. Unless, of course, you are he. (?)
--
~misfit~

---

asdf 10-11-2003 12:01 AM

Re: HP DESK JET PORTABLE battery.

Not as far as i am aware, i only got the printer this morning.

Tell me if u find anything.

Daniel

John 10-11-2003 12:59 AM

Re: HP DESK JET PORTABLE battery.

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:01:21 +1300, "asdf" <badspam@badspam.spam>
wrote:
Telesound in Upper Hutt build battery packs...

~misfit~ 10-11-2003 01:17 AM

> Not as far as i am aware, i only got the printer this morning.
>
> Tell me if u find anything.

Will do. He'd actually like to find the Infra-red connection module as well
that was an optional extra at the time he bought it new. (Years ago). He
didn't realise the battery was an optional extra as well until he got it
home and un-packed it then didn't bother with it at the time as he was using
it as a desktop printer anyway, just living in a one-room apartment and
needed all the space he could get. Now he's in a house and has a laptop as
well and can't seem to find the parts new.
--
~misfit~

---

~misfit~ 10-11-2003 01:21 AM

"John" <john@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:01:21 +1300, "asdf" <badspam@badspam.spam>
> wrote:
> Telesound in Upper Hutt build battery packs...

I think you'll find the *re*-build them. As in you need the original stuffed
battery for the casing.
--
~misfit~

---

asdf 10-11-2003 05:29 AM

Re: HP DESK JET PORTABLE battery.

I think ive worked out what polarity the battery will need to be, (it put's
out a little voltage from the ternimals as u turn it on ?? (or at some point
i got some)

So if i manage to find even just the voltage it's ment to run on i may just
take the gess and see if i can get it to work !

-=rjh=- 10-11-2003 07:01 AM

asdf wrote:

> Hey, dose someone have one of these and can tell me what voltage the
> battery is meant to be, and also which side of the power connectors is
> positive and which is negative on the printer.

OK, looking at the printer base with the labels inside the battery
compartment the right way up, ie, the terminals are to the right of the
compartment, the top terminal is -ve, lower terminal is +ve

Battery has third terminal between these marked "T" which is unused in the
printer.

Battery is Matsushita Battery Industrial Co Ltd 3003A 6V 1.2Ah NiCad and I'm
pretty sure is a generic video camera battery.

cheers

asdf 10-11-2003 07:14 AM

Re: HP DESK JET PORTABLE battery.

you are are real ledgeond, thanks heaps for the help hopfuly buld up a
battery over the next 3 days and tell u guy's how it go's. Will probibily
end up using some 2AH
NiMH aa's.

Daniel