Velocity Reviews

-   -   PC To TV II (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t568015-pc-to-tv-ii.html)

SharkFOA 10-10-2003 08:11 AM

PC To TV II

Hi,

Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but because
the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
suggestions?

--
SharkFOA

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz 10-10-2003 09:15 AM

Re: PC To TV II

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:11:30 +1300, "SharkFOA" <spam@spam.tw.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but because
>the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
>suggestions?

Only use TV Tool..

Jay 10-10-2003 10:32 AM

Re: PC To TV II

SharkFOA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but
> because the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC.
> Any suggestions?

That is the nature of TV - the resolution is not as good as a PC.
May sure you are using SVideo connection to get the slightly better
bandwidth, and make sure you are using quality cables and that the
cable impedance is 75 ohms.

E. Scrooge 10-10-2003 04:28 PM

Re: PC To TV II

<Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz> wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:11:30 +1300, "SharkFOA" <spam@spam.tw.uk> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but

because
> >the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
> >suggestions?

> Only use TV Tool..

A fat lot of good that will do.

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge 10-10-2003 04:36 PM

Re: PC To TV II

"SharkFOA" <spam@spam.tw.uk> wrote in message news:3f8669cd@clear.net.nz...
> Hi,
>
> Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but

because
> the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
> suggestions?
>
> --
> SharkFOA

A large TV might help. At worse you might have to start your PC in safe
mode to sort out your video settings again. With a good video card, clone
mode displays to both the monitor and TV. Making sure that the monitor is
the primary display and not the TV.

E. Scrooge

RecylerMan 10-10-2003 06:40 PM

Re: PC To TV II

SharkFOA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but because
> the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
> suggestions?
>

> --
> SharkFOA

my answer it to run the tv and the moneter at teh same time TVcc2000
lets me do this on a Nvada TNT2 yes it's an old card but works fine for
what i Use it for also the second comp has a sis6326 card wich IMHO is a
better card for tv out end of story text can be read on the tv this card
will do the moneter and tv thing togeather from boot. the svid conector
helps a lot I am using coax my self

--
RecylerMan ICQ 22245595
Mail to :- l i n u x u s r AT i h u g DOT c o DOT n z

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz 10-10-2003 11:18 PM

Re: PC To TV II

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 05:28:04 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <e.scrooge@ieyehug.co.nz
(remove eye)> wrote:

><Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz> wrote in message
>news:46ucovssh5rrsqn8ohv1vsn5svta1evmgi@4ax.com.. .
>> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:11:30 +1300, "SharkFOA" <spam@spam.tw.uk> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but

>because
>> >the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
>> >suggestions?

>> Only use TV Tool..

>A fat lot of good that will do.
>
>E. Scrooge

Have you ever used it..?

SharkFOA 10-10-2003 11:28 PM

Re: PC To TV II

"E. Scrooge" <e.scrooge@ieyehug.co.nz (remove eye)> wrote in message

> <Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:11:30 +1300, "SharkFOA" <spam@spam.tw.uk> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >Have the system setup but have hit a snag. It displays on the TV but

> because
> > >the text is so poor I can't see to return the display to the PC. Any
> > >suggestions?

> > Only use TV Tool..

> A fat lot of good that will do.

Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right click a
file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture improved
greatly on default settings.

--
SharkFOA

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz 10-11-2003 12:27 AM

Re: PC To TV II

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:28:01 +1300, "SharkFOA" <spam@spam.tw.uk> wrote:

>"E. Scrooge" <e.scrooge@ieyehug.co.nz (remove eye)> wrote in message
>>
>> <Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz> wrote in message

>> because
>> >
>> > Only use TV Tool..

>> A fat lot of good that will do.

>Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right click a
>file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
>monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture improved
>greatly on default settings.

Great news but it only works on Nvidia cards..

Plus has a range of screen res modes..

Don't take any notice of "E. Scrooge" he is a troller and in most kill
filters here..

SharkFOA 10-11-2003 12:39 AM

Re: PC To TV II

wrote:

> >> because

> >> A fat lot of good that will do.

> >Actually I have trialled it and have now purchased it. You can right

click a
> >file and send it to TV. When finished CTRL + F2 returns control to your
> >monitor. I don't know whether it was coincidental but the picture

improved
> >greatly on default settings.

> Great news but it only works on Nvidia cards..

Lucky that's what I've got. Just a cheapie but I built it with found stuff.

> Plus has a range of screen res modes..

Default works fine.

> Don't take any notice of "E. Scrooge" he is a troller and in most kill
> filters here..

Ain't touching that one!

--
SharkFOA