Velocity Reviews

-   -   Games Shops (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567982-games-shops.html)

BB 10-08-2003 05:44 AM

Games Shops

Hi folks,

I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
shops rock? PC or console...

Rgds

BB
NZ

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz 10-08-2003 06:22 AM

Re: Games Shops

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <beeb@beeb.net.nz> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
>shops rock? PC or console...
>
>Rgds
>
>BB
>NZ

I thought it was alt.binaries.dnload..-:)

Craig Sutton 10-08-2003 06:41 AM

Re: Games Shops

<Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz> wrote in message
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <beeb@beeb.net.nz> wrote:
>
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

or
> >shops rock? PC or console...
> >
> >Rgds
> >
> >BB
> >NZ

> I thought it was alt.binaries.dnload..-:)

Thought you would prefer bittorent

PseUDO 10-08-2003 07:03 AM

Re: Games Shops

BB wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
> shops rock? PC or console...
>
> Rgds
>
> BB
> NZ

www.gpstore.co.nz i find that they are the best place and most of the time the cheapest.

PseUDO

Ali P 10-08-2003 09:53 AM

Re: Games Shops

"PseUDO" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> BB wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

or
> > shops rock? PC or console...
> >
> > Rgds
> >
> > BB
> > NZ
> >

> www.gpstore.co.nz i find that they are the best place and most of the time

the cheapest.

> PseUDO

I'll second that - I've bought from gpstore a few times and service/price
has been good.
Also trademe is a good place to pick up some bargains and offload your old
games.

KS 10-08-2003 10:32 AM

Re: Games Shops

>> www.gpstore.co.nz i find that they are the best place and most of
>> the time the cheapest.

> I'll second that - I've bought from gpstore a few times and
> service/price has been good.

I'll third it. They're great.

And their forums www.gpforums.co.nz help too. You might even pick up a 2nd
hand game from their buy/sell forum.

Enkidu 10-08-2003 11:23 PM

Re: Games Shops

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <beeb@beeb.net.nz> wrote:

>I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
>shops rock? PC or console...

Only big girls' blouses run games on PCs or consoles.

Cheers,

Cliff

that the conspiracy is working.

~misfit~ 10-08-2003 11:52 PM

Re: Games Shops

"BB" <beeb@beeb.net.nz> wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

or
> shops rock? PC or console...

Dick Smith. I'm a member of their VIP club and get 10% off software. Their
prices are usually quite competetive anyway.
--
~misfit~

---

PseUDO 10-09-2003 03:31 AM

Re: Games Shops

~misfit~ wrote:
> "BB" <beeb@beeb.net.nz> wrote in message
>
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

> or
>
>>shops rock? PC or console...

> Dick Smith. I'm a member of their VIP club and get 10% off software. Their
> prices are usually quite competetive anyway.
> --
> ~misfit~

When in to Dick smiths today to see if they would match the gpstore price for Battlefeild 1942 which is currently $64.95, dick smiths price was $99.00, the guy looked up on the
computer and said that it is currently on special at the moment and that $99 is the special price.
Not putting DS down because they are a good shop for some itmes, but PC games isn't one of them. gpstore's price will always be lower than dick smiths.

PseUDO

T.N.O. 10-09-2003 03:38 AM

Re: Games Shops

"PseUDO" wrote
> When in to Dick smiths today to see if they would match the gpstore price

for Battlefeild 1942 which is currently $64.95, dick smiths price was
$99.00, the guy looked up on the
> computer and said that it is currently on special at the moment and that

$99 is the special price.
> Not putting DS down because they are a good shop for some itmes, but PC

games isn't one of them. gpstore's price will always be lower than dick
smiths.

I have had the reverse situation in the past... not saying that it is all
the time, but it does happen both ways.
Bought Half Life/CounterStrike/Blue switch(?) combo pack for 89 from there,
at the time, all other places I checked had it for either 109, 119, or 129
saved minimum of 20.