Velocity Reviews

-   -   nz.comp SETI group up to 37 members! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567923-nz-comp-seti-group-up-to-37-members.html)

~misfit~ 10-03-2003 12:21 AM

nz.comp SETI group up to 37 members!

We're doing well folks, 37 members, 47,536 WUs processed with 62.2 years CPU
time.

Congratulations to all involved, it's good to see some new names there.

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_155750.html
--
~misfit~

---

Scott 10-04-2003 09:16 AM

Re: nz.comp SETI group up to 37 members!

"~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com> wrote in message
> We're doing well folks, 37 members, 47,536 WUs processed with 62.2 years

CPU
> time.
>
> Congratulations to all involved, it's good to see some new names there.
>
> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_155750.html
> --
> ~misfit~
>

> ---

I must say, I haven't got SETI running anymore, so you can take 1 member or
your member count.

- Scott

steve 10-04-2003 10:23 AM

Scott allegedly said:

> I must say, I haven't got SETI running anymore, so you can take 1 member
> or your member count.
>
> - Scott

If you did even one WU, then your work is still part of the total.

T.N.O. 10-04-2003 09:15 PM

Re: nz.comp SETI group up to 37 members!

"steve" wrote
> > I must say, I haven't got SETI running anymore, so you can take 1 member
> > or your member count.

> If you did even one WU, then your work is still part of the total.

2 or 3 more members have joined since the first post... some fairly high
ones too, dropped me from 8th to 10th...

I think its "Brogue" and "dannyandjo"

~misfit~ 10-04-2003 11:10 PM

"Scott" <****off@spammer.com> wrote in message
> "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com> wrote in message
> > We're doing well folks, 37 members, 47,536 WUs processed with 62.2 years

> CPU
> > time.
> >
> > Congratulations to all involved, it's good to see some new names there.
> >
> > http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_155750.html
> > --
> > ~misfit~
> >

> > ---
> >

> I must say, I haven't got SETI running anymore, so you can take 1 member

or
> your member count.

Hey Scott. I'll just leave you there. The group still gets credits for the
WUs that you've done and, you never know, you might want to start up again
one day.

Thanks.
--
~misfit~

---

~misfit~ 10-04-2003 11:16 PM

"T.N.O." <news@dave.net.nz> wrote in message
> "steve" wrote
> > > I must say, I haven't got SETI running anymore, so you can take 1

member
> > > or your member count.

> > If you did even one WU, then your work is still part of the total.

> 2 or 3 more members have joined since the first post... some fairly high
> ones too, dropped me from 8th to 10th...
>
> I think its "Brogue" and "dannyandjo"

Awesome. We are becoming a group to be reckoned with. :-)

I used to be in the top 10, now I'm 19th. It's all good.

Thanks nz.comp, we have a SETI group we can be proud of. 53663 WUs and
68.992 years CPU time and 40 members.
--
~misfit~

---

WeeWillyWonka 10-05-2003 12:45 AM

Re: nz.comp SETI group up to 37 members!

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:21:56 +1200, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com>
wrote:
>We're doing well folks, 37 members, 47,536 WUs processed with 62.2 years CPU
>time.

And zero ETs found. Is this some new use of the phrase "doing well" I
haven't seen before?

>Congratulations to all involved

For wasting power on pointless bullshit? Cheeeeze.

willy

T.N.O. 10-05-2003 03:25 AM

Re: nz.comp SETI group up to 37 members!

"WeeWillyWonka" wrote
> And zero ETs found. Is this some new use of the phrase "doing well" I
> haven't seen before?

<sarcasm>And all that wasted effort into finding a cure for cancer, and they
still havent found one, pointless waste of time</sarcasm>

:)

WeeWillyWonka 10-05-2003 04:58 AM

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:25:47 +1300, "T.N.O." <news@dave.net.nz> wrote:
>"WeeWillyWonka" wrote
>> And zero ETs found. Is this some new use of the phrase "doing well" I
>> haven't seen before?

><sarcasm>And all that wasted effort into finding a cure for cancer, and they
>still havent found one, pointless waste of time</sarcasm>

U got it.

willy

ZZzz 10-05-2003 05:51 AM

Re: nz.comp SETI group up to 37 members!

"T.N.O." <news@dave.net.nz> wrote in message
> 2 or 3 more members have joined since the first post... some fairly high
> ones too, dropped me from 8th to 10th...

I didn't realise nz.comp had a group running - I'll join up soon and see if
I can knock you outta the top 10 ;-)