Velocity Reviews

-   -   Free utilities (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567835-free-utilities.html)

nobody760 09-26-2003 07:57 AM

Free utilities

I have these on my machine

Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6

All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.

I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
NG find useful and 'must haves'.

Cheers people.

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz 09-26-2003 08:09 AM

Re: Free utilities

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:57:43 +0100, "nobody760" <nobody760@NOSPAMhotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have these on my machine
>
>Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
>HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
>All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.

Some are no longer free and some are Crap, you do get what you pay for in the
end.

Keith 09-26-2003 08:20 AM

Re: Free utilities

In article <bl0rgo$ila$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>,
nobody760@NOSPAMhotmail.com says...
> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
> NG find useful and 'must haves'.

See

http://quantum.fateback.com/freeware/

run by a Kiwi out of Dunedin.

BTW WinZip has never been free as far as I know.

PseUDO 09-26-2003 08:26 AM

Re: Free utilities

"nobody760" <nobody760@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:bl0rgo$ila$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
> NG find useful and 'must haves'.
>
> Cheers people.

Here's some more all FREE :-)

Encounter 2003 (sound editor)
http://www.waschbusch.com/software.asp

Photo Plus 5.5 (Graphics editor)
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/serif/ph/ph5/index.asp

Google Toolbar (Pop-Up stopper)
http://toolbar.google.com/

Open Office
http://www.openoffice.org/

PseUDO

Wyn 09-26-2003 09:24 AM

Re: Free utilities

nobody760 wrote:
> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003
> AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's
> of this NG find useful and 'must haves'.
>
> Cheers people.

DBXtract Extracts emails from OE
Passkeeper Lists passwords in encrypted form
FBBackup Self explanatory
FontXplorer Prints out fonts with ASCII numbers, Removes unwanted
fonts.
OEQuotefix Improves OE formatting, esp when replying.
Irfanview Slide viewer

Invisible 09-26-2003 09:53 AM

Re: Free utilities

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:09:58 +1200, Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz wrote:

>Some are no longer free and some are Crap, you do get what you pay for in the
>end.

Like Kerio?

Invisible 09-26-2003 09:56 AM

Re: Free utilities

wrote:

>I have these on my machine
>
>Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
>HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
>All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
>I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of this
>NG find useful and 'must haves'.
>
>Cheers people.

SpywareBlaster
SpywareGuard
PcInspector File Recovery

Wyn 09-26-2003 10:11 AM

Re: Free utilities

Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:57:43 +0100, "nobody760"
> <nobody760@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have these on my machine
>>
>> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
>> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003
>> AVG6
>>
>> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.

> Some are no longer free and some are Crap, you do get what you pay
> for in the end.

He's back again. Must be a software salesman.

-=rjh=- 09-26-2003 11:00 AM

Re: Free utilities

nobody760 wrote:

> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools Aida32
> HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget 2003 AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that member's of
> this NG find useful and 'must haves'.

WinZip isn't free AFAIK. Look for an old version of PowerArchiver (6.1 -
look for powerarc61.exe) which really is free, and is excellent.

cheers

bambam 09-26-2003 12:47 PM

Re: Free utilities

"nobody760" <nobody760@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in

> I have these on my machine
>
> Ad-aware Spybot EndItAll JV16 Power tools
> Aida32 HiJackThis Mike Lin's StartUp WinZip Leechget
> 2003 AVG6
>
> All are free utilities and I find them very helpful.
>
> I would be interested to know of other free utilities that
> member's of this NG find useful and 'must haves'.

The best ones are here, as voted by the participants of
alt.comp.freeware-

http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/about2003PL.htm

--
If Guys Ruled the World............
Daisy Duke shorts would never go out of style again.