Velocity Reviews

-   -   Video conferencing & ISP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567665-video-conferencing-and-isp.html)

Markus Winter 09-16-2003 01:43 AM

Video conferencing & ISP?

Hi all,

I'm interested in doing video conferencing with friends and family overseas
- however I'm unsure as to which is the best ISP to use. Especially the
bandwith needed, the data amount (e.g. if it's capped at 500 MB a month -
how much traffic does video conferencing create?), etc.

Any advice is very much appreciated

Thanks

Markus

BB 09-16-2003 05:34 AM

Re: Video conferencing & ISP?

Stay away from Messenger 6.x, audio connections are hard to establish. Stick
with Netmeeting.

BB

Mainlander 09-18-2003 07:45 AM

Re: Video conferencing & ISP?

In article <BB8CC3E8.216E1%m.winter@auckland.ac.nz>,
m.winter@auckland.ac.nz says...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested in doing video conferencing with friends and family overseas

What software can be used if you have a camera that supports USB
streaming?

chrispeterson 07-02-2013 12:52 PM

Are you looking out for video conferencing or video chat with multiple people? If video chat, Skype, Google talk, yahoo messenger etc. are best. For video conferencing Polycom is best. For web video conferencing you can try using gomeetnow web video conferencing tool.