Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ascent Computers... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567533-ascent-computers.html)

Lennier 09-08-2003 12:52 PM

Ascent Computers...

What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

Lennier

Aaron Lawrence 09-08-2003 03:06 PM

Re: Ascent Computers...

Thus spake Lennier:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=as...roup%3Dnz.comp
--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

Matthew Poole 09-08-2003 07:06 PM

Re: Ascent Computers...

In article <pan.2003.09.08.12.52.01.247275@TRACKER>, Lennier <notanyspam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

They're not the cheapest, but in terms of service I've yet to find an
online retailer in this country who has better service.
A colleague purchased a dozen HDDs for a RAID array, and they were
delivered four hours later. My flatmate ordered some components, and
was kept updated daily on progress of delivery (some of the components
were on back order).

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

T.N.O. 09-08-2003 07:10 PM

Re: Ascent Computers...

"Aaron Lawrence" wrote
> Thus spake Lennier:
> > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=as...roup%3Dnz.comp

heh. infinite loop...
You post in nz.comp in a thread about ascent, a link to nz.comp with threads
about ascent... creepy.

colinco 09-08-2003 07:26 PM

Re: Ascent Computers...

In article <pan.2003.09.08.12.52.01.247275@TRACKER>,
notanyspam@nospam.invalid says...
> What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
>
> Lennier

Very quick to get your order into the supplier, unlike PP whose system
places orders only once a day.If you miss PP's order batch you wait
another day.

Russell Smithies 09-08-2003 09:29 PM

Re: Ascent Computers...

"Lennier" <notanyspam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
>
> Lennier

excellent customer service and quick delivery.
their prices are a little high but free delivery and 'one stop shopping'
makes up for it.
great website too and always good specials on.

Russell

Worm 09-08-2003 10:01 PM

Re: Ascent Computers...

"Lennier" <notanyspam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

As others have said, they're not the cheapest on the internet - but they're
certainly still a lot cheaper than any local store.

Service is top notch - emails are answered promptly. Delivery is usually
within 2-3 days.

Really, its the only place I buy computer bitz :)

Worm

Chris Mayhew 09-08-2003 10:31 PM

Re: Ascent Computers...

Lennier <notanyspam@nospam.invalid> wrote in

> What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
>
> Lennier

+ they include freight in the price (?) - do the other companies ? Als,
you get a discount if you are buying a "whole" PC in bits, + a discount for
cash (online banking payment) not a big discount but added up on a PC it's
worth a mention I think. I've never dealt with them but would be happy to
do so.

--
Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

Mainlander 09-08-2003 11:05 PM

Re: Ascent Computers...

In article <pan.2003.09.08.12.52.01.247275@TRACKER>,
notanyspam@nospam.invalid says...
> What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

They are cost competitive, have a good mail order operation with a wide
range of products, and have been in business a long time.

I recently purchased Sony Memory Stick 128 MB @ $133, it was shipped
overnight and arrived in Christchurch the very next morning.

Mainlander 09-08-2003 11:05 PM

Re: Ascent Computers...

In article <MPG.19c754331aa8f2fe989a12@news.xtra.co.nz>,
aaronlNOT@HEREconsultant.com says...
> Thus spake Lennier:
> > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=as...roup%3Dnz.comp

Which is probably out of date.