Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows. not enough memory Prob (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567437-windows-not-enough-memory-prob.html)

Col^ 09-03-2003 12:13 AM

Re: Windows. not enough memory Prob

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:48:58 +1200, "Skippy" <nospam@nospam.co.nz> wrote:

>Hey guys
>Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
>gives me an Not enough memory error message.
>
>Its Athlon 1 ghz, 256meg DDR ram, 40 gig Hdd
>
>So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
>express taht does this
>
>Any Ideas ??

You still got the box the computer arrived in ?

--

Col

Col's law.
Thinly sliced cabbage..

StuM 09-03-2003 12:16 AM

"Skippy" <nospam@nospam.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hey guys
> Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
> gives me an Not enough memory error message.
>
> Its Athlon 1 ghz, 256meg DDR ram, 40 gig Hdd
>
> So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
> express taht does this
>
> Any Ideas ??

Increase your swapfile size?

StuM.

T-Boy 09-03-2003 12:33 AM

Re: Windows. not enough memory Prob

In article <qda5b.803$cg.124677@news02.tsnz.net>,
nospam@nospam.co.nz says...
> Hey guys
> Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
> gives me an Not enough memory error message.
>
> Its Athlon 1 ghz, 256meg DDR ram, 40 gig Hdd
>
> So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
> express taht does this
>
> Any Ideas ??

Blaster worm.

--
Duncan

StuM 09-03-2003 02:28 AM

Re: Windows. not enough memory Prob

> > > So I doubt that there is an issue with RAM. Not that its only outlook
> > > express taht does this
> > >
> > > Any Ideas ??

> > Increase your swapfile size?
> >
> > StuM.
> >

> I cant find the Swap file thing anywhere

What OS you using?

Uncle StoatWarbler 09-03-2003 02:38 AM

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:16:18 +1200, StuM wrote:

> Increase your swapfile size?

This isn't as silly as it sounds. When the swapfile is set past 1Gb, the
machine will _dramatically_ reducing its paging to disk.

With no swapfile set, any tempfiles are being created/destroyed in
c:\win(nt|dows)\temp, and that's why win9* boxes always need
defragmenting. On NT it just impairs performance.

--
There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:
2: Fraud

T.N.O. 09-03-2003 08:33 PM

Re: Windows. not enough memory Prob

"Enkidu" wrote
> >Every time I open up a Compose windows in Out looks express it windows
> >gives me an Not enough memory error message.
> >Any Ideas ??
> >

> Your machine is under specced. You should have at least a 2gig, at
> least 3/4 GB RAM but your disk is probably just big enough.

eh!?

Stewart Gray 09-03-2003 10:13 PM

Re: Windows. not enough memory Prob

Like t-boy says, this is one of problems you can have when you have the
blaster worm.

news:MPG.19bffe191159e1b198988a@news.paradise.net. nz...

Skippy 09-09-2003 12:31 AM

Dogg 09-09-2003 04:16 AM