Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Video Ezy's 'sale' (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567307-re-video-ezys-sale.html)

BB 08-27-2003 07:50 AM

Re: Video Ezy's 'sale'

STAY AWAY FROM VIDEO EZY SALES...especially for DVDs.

Generally they are covered in a plastic coating (which does not seem to
cause problems) and also stickers (who knows what for!!). Also, I've had
more than one with the gooey remants of other stickers on them, that
actually catch in the DVD player.

To be fair, cleaning them with a citric based cleaner works, but what the
F*&K are they doing putting stickers on DVDs?

Stop being cheap...pay an extra fiver or tenner for a NEW disc. The store
has made a mint renting it and then rips you off with the so called "sale".
Utter *******s.

BB

Aaron Lawrence 08-27-2003 10:21 AM

Re: Video Ezy's 'sale'

Thus spake BB:
> To be fair, cleaning them with a citric based cleaner works, but what the
> F*&K are they doing putting stickers on DVDs?

Yeah, that really sucks. It also unbalances the disc and they can be
really noisy as a result.

So I've taken to sticking MORE stickers on to balance them up again :)
--
aaronl at consultant dot com
http://homepages.visp.co.nz/~aaronlawrence