Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Virus Emails (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567164-re-virus-emails.html)

Kookaburra 08-21-2003 03:30 AM

Re: Virus Emails

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:30:32 +1200, art <artgarf@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone else have many virus emails sitting in their mailbox. I had
>about 30, many from xtra customers, I pressume these are from people
>who haven't patched their systems.

Yep I was under attack with the sobig f variant last night. I got 20
in one hit. All with the subject Thank You! and Re: Re: My Details or
something like that. The attachments were about 100 kb

Cheers, Kooky

NZed 08-21-2003 09:01 AM

Re: Virus Emails

Yes getting the same here Thursday night particularly.
Mailwasher is detecting them all ....luckily.
I dont know what virus it is...but most of them RE: details
from people I dont know.

NZed

NZed 08-21-2003 09:02 AM

Re: Virus Emails

The other one RE: wicked screensaver

Kookaburra 08-21-2003 06:35 PM

Re: Virus Emails

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:02:20 +1200, "NZed" <nzedsurfa@nospam.com>
wrote:

>The other one RE: wicked screensaver
>
>NZed

Yes, all definitely the sobig f worm. Apparently it's set to run
until 10 September

The spoofed addresses and the Send To addresses are both taken from
the files found on the computer. Also, the worm may use the settings
of the infected computer's settings to check for an SMTP server to
contact.

Cheers, Kooky