Velocity Reviews

-   -   Avoid D-Link! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567141-avoid-d-link.html)

Howard 08-20-2003 05:15 AM

Avoid D-Link!

I have just spent the last hour waiting on the phone for D-Link technical
support because my new ADSL modem won't install.

At the end of one hour I called up again on a second phone and asked their
sales dept what was going on. He said the one technical staffer they had was
out to lunch (at 3pm Sydney time), and they don't normally have enough
technical support call handlers.

Some service. Especially when the tech call waiting message, repeated every
5 minutes, says "Your call is important to us, so we've placed you in a
queue"!

Just wanted to get a whinge off my chest.

Mauricio Freitas 08-20-2003 06:05 AM

Re: Avoid D-Link!

"Howard" <howhard1309@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have just spent the last hour waiting on the phone for D-Link technical
> support because my new ADSL modem won't install.
>
> At the end of one hour I called up again on a second phone and asked their
> sales dept what was going on. He said the one technical staffer they had

was
> out to lunch (at 3pm Sydney time), and they don't normally have enough
> technical support call handlers.
>
> Some service. Especially when the tech call waiting message, repeated

every
> 5 minutes, says "Your call is important to us, so we've placed you in a
> queue"!
>
> Just wanted to get a whinge off my chest.

No surprise here. I personally prefer Belkin products.

--
Mauricio Freitas

R-Slicks 08-20-2003 06:28 AM

Re: Avoid D-Link!

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:15:55 +1200, "Howard" <howhard1309@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Some service. Especially when the tech call waiting message, repeated every
>5 minutes, says "Your call is important to us, so we've placed you in a
>queue"!

Man that ****es me off when companies do that !
Have to say, though, that we resell D-Link gear and have never had a
problem...

--
DO NOT reply to jpreou@hotmail.com - it is simply a spam catch.
You can, if you wish, try "news .at. preou .dot. com"

Mauricio Freitas 08-20-2003 07:42 AM

Re: Avoid D-Link!

"R-Slicks" <jpreou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:15:55 +1200, "Howard" <howhard1309@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Some service. Especially when the tech call waiting message, repeated

every
> >5 minutes, says "Your call is important to us, so we've placed you in a
> >queue"!

> Man that ****es me off when companies do that !
> Have to say, though, that we resell D-Link gear and have never had a
> problem...

Well, here comes my experience then. I've posted a rant on Geekzone a couple
of months ago, about companies that do not reply e-mails. DLINK is not the
first, but what happened was really badL I've sent an e-mail to DLINK sales,
with return receipt. I was asking about their Bluetooth products, to review
on my site (like supplier like TDK, Belkin, Bluetake and others do).

The receipt returned 32 times. Yes, the e-mail bounced and was forwaded to
thirty-two different people inside DLINK, and I received a return receipt
for each one with their names/emails/organisation department. I had a
complet org chart. Anyway, no one of these 32 recipients replied to me.

I then waited another month and forwarded the information to DLINK in U.S.
In a couple of days I was contacted by people from their Australian
operation saying that they don't usually reply e-mails, but to contact so
and so in New Zealand to arrange a demo.

Well, so no one amongts 32 people could read and understand an e-mail and
act on it?

Of course after this bad treatement I decided not to have their product on
Geekzone - at least until they have their act together.

--
Mauricio Freitas

Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd 08-20-2003 08:23 AM

Re: Avoid D-Link!

Most tech support guys are morons at these sort of companies.

What D-link modem do you have and is it Ext or Internal?

There's a common setting that defaults on some ISPs which is wrong on these
Internal ones

--
Regards,
LJ Boyd

Miro 08-20-2003 08:53 AM

Re: Avoid D-Link!

"Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd" <tech@megatoolz.com> wrote in
message news:3f432fed$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...

What a complete load of ****.

Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd 08-20-2003 10:16 AM

Re: Avoid D-Link!

Have you dealt with many? I know I have and I hate it.

Needs to check with her ISP what her VPI & VCI settings are as d-link's
drivers are pretty messed up when it comes to those...

--
news:3f433701$0$28117$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd 08-20-2003 11:35 AM

Re: Avoid D-Link!

You sound like a complete moron straight from your own ass/arse.

Have a look at the original post. He was complaining about their tech
support/cust. service. I have found this case to be the same with dozens of
companies in my dealings. And it's only getting worse, with them all going
overseas.

Are you a tech support guy? Or just defensive of them in general?

Operating Manuals... well since most are written by Chinese people
translating to Engrish, and the fact that they expect you to be an expert on
installation hardware now days, manuals are utterly useless.

I'll stick by my VPI/VCI configuration on the Modem. That is THE most
common problem I've seen with people buying D-Link Internal Modems.

BTW, sorry, I'm not from LA :-)

--
news:3f4358f2$0$28118$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

Miro 08-20-2003 11:39 AM

Re: Avoid D-Link!

"Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd" <tech@megatoolz.com> wrote in
message news:3f435d01$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
> You sound like a complete moron straight from your own ass/arse.
>
> Have a look at the original post. He was complaining about their tech
> support/cust. service. I have found this case to be the same with dozens

of
> companies in my dealings. And it's only getting worse, with them all

going
> overseas.

Yeah it must be D-Links fault ...... the customer doesnt know what to do.

C 08-20-2003 01:21 PM

Re: Avoid D-Link!

" Miro" <miro01@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3f435dec$0$28121$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

> "Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd" <tech@megatoolz.com> wrote in
> message news:3f435d01$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
> > You sound like a complete moron straight from your own ass/arse.
> >
> > Have a look at the original post. He was complaining about their tech
> > support/cust. service. I have found this case to be the same with

dozens
> of
> > companies in my dealings. And it's only getting worse, with them all

> going
> > overseas.

> Yeah it must be D-Links fault ...... the customer doesnt know what to do.

Precisely!! Tech. support/customer service hotlines...........for customers
who don't know what to do!!!!
Do you really support the notion of "no after sales support"?? That would
appear to rather unprofessional. If D-Link offer the support, they should
honour their promise and provide it.