Velocity Reviews

-   -   Best file downloader without spyware ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t567135-best-file-downloader-without-spyware.html)

Howard Johnson 08-19-2003 11:00 PM

Re: Best file downloader without spyware ?

"Jeremy" <Jeremy129n_ospa_m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Best file downloader without spyware ?

DLExpert http://www.yanew.com/

and others
http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/PL...ownloadManager

k y l e 08-20-2003 12:22 AM

Re: Best file downloader without spyware ?

"Jeremy" <Jeremy129n_ospa_m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Best file downloader without spyware ?

GetRight

Patrick Bold 08-20-2003 01:17 AM

"Robert Mathews" <r.math@nopost.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:22:54 +1200, "k y l e" <w@risgore.net> wrote:
>

> >"Jeremy" <Jeremy129n_ospa_m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Best file downloader without spyware ?
> >>

> >GetRight
> >

> Full of Spyware..

Here's a tip. When the installation program asks if you want to install
the spyware packaged with Getright (Gator), click no.

k y l e 08-20-2003 01:27 AM

<r.math@nopost.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:22:54 +1200, "k y l e" <w@risgore.net> wrote:
> >

> >>"Jeremy" <Jeremy129n_ospa_m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>>

> >>GetRight
> >>

> >Full of Spyware..

> Utter Crap(c) Adaware & Spybot detect nothing on mine.

My sentiments exactly. I have both Spybot and Ad Aware 6.0, and I am running
a clean machine. Maybe it depends on which version of Get Right you are
running. I am using version 4.5d. Maybe they introduced Gator / some spyware
package into later versions? If this is the case, I'm sure glad I didn't
upgrade :)

Maxine 08-20-2003 03:20 AM

Re: Best file downloader without spyware ?

Deffaintly Reget Deluxe

FreshDownload (which is free) just make sure you signup with a free hotmail
account when you register it, as they swam you with spam advertising their
other products.

Mutley 08-20-2003 03:55 AM

"Maxine" <dont@spam.me> wrote:

>Deffaintly Reget Deluxe
>
>FreshDownload (which is free) just make sure you signup with a free hotmail
>account when you register it, as they swam you with spam advertising their
>other products.

I have used this for the past couple of years. Good downloader. I
have never recieved any "spam" from them..

Kookaburra 08-20-2003 05:12 AM

Re: Best file downloader without spyware ?

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:51:04 -0700, "Jeremy"

http://lists.gpick.com/pages/Download_Tools.htm

madknoxie 08-20-2003 05:23 AM

Re: Best file downloader without spyware ?

In article <bhu9kt$a2f$2@lust.ihug.co.nz>,
"Jeremy" <Jeremy129n_ospa_m@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Best file downloader without spyware ?

I'm a little surprise no one has said this yet, so I will: 'wget'

--
madknoxie

Robert Mathews 08-20-2003 05:24 AM

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:00:25 +1200, Invisible <walk@all-over.me> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:51:06 +1200, Robert Mathews <r.math@nopost.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:22:54 +1200, "k y l e" <w@risgore.net> wrote:
>>

>>>"Jeremy" <Jeremy129n_ospa_m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>>GetRight
>>>

>>Full of Spyware..

>Utter Crap(c) Adaware & Spybot detect nothing on mine.

So you know it all, what a Joke you are..

Robert Mathews 08-20-2003 05:27 AM

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:54:33 GMT, Mutley <mutley200@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Robert Mathews <r.math@nopost.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:22:54 +1200, "k y l e" <w@risgore.net> wrote: