Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need some new headphones... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566944-need-some-new-headphones.html)

Robert Mathews 08-09-2003 10:04 AM

Need some new headphones...

Any recommendations anyone ?

Comfy comfy is a must.

art 08-09-2003 11:00 AM

Re: Need some new headphones...

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:04:08 +1200, "Robert Mathews"
<do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote:

>Any recommendations anyone ?
>
>Comfy comfy is a must.

I got some good TDK ones from the warehouse and they aren't bad for
the price.

Jay 08-09-2003 11:35 AM

Re: Need some new headphones...

Robert Mathews wrote:

> Any recommendations anyone ?
>
> Comfy comfy is a must.

Does it matter if the cheap plastic breaks after a few uses?
If not try Koss.

Robert Mathews 08-09-2003 11:41 AM

Re: Need some new headphones...

Jay wrote:
> Robert Mathews wrote:
>
>> Any recommendations anyone ?
>>
>> Comfy comfy is a must.

> Does it matter if the cheap plastic breaks after a few uses?
> If not try Koss.

OK, might do. I'm particularly after some comfy/foam types, that rest nicely
on the ears.

I use some Seinhizer (sp?) at work, but not being a squillionare, they're a
bit out of my price range. But they are fantastic headphones.

T.N.O 08-09-2003 12:18 PM

Re: Need some new headphones...

"Robert Mathews" wrote
| OK, might do. I'm particularly after some comfy/foam types, that rest
nicely
| on the ears.

I got given some Phillips ones a few years back, ~$80 at DSE, and they are
comfy as any others I have used, and good sound too(well as good as my Live
will put out)

cOKe 08-10-2003 04:05 AM

Re: Need some new headphones...

Bought some Sennheiser HD 490 from a NZ web site CHCH I think really good
service can't remember the name of it sorry! :)

www.epinions.com has squillions of reviews about all sorts of products
http://www.epinions.com/elec-Audio-Headphones-All - direct to headphones

I'm really happy with my headphones!! as the driver coils in the headphones
themselves are quiet large you need a loud signal from a receiver or a amp
to get the best bass response from them, prolly not suitable for a discman
or mp3 player. Also they like to share (really loud because they are open)
this also means that they wouldn't work for DJing!!

cOKe

cOKe 08-10-2003 04:08 AM

Re: Need some new headphones...

http://www.nzaudio.co.nz/ think this is it:)

cOKe

Murray Symon 08-10-2003 05:31 AM

Re: Need some new headphones...

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:05:12 +1200, cOKe wrote:

> Bought some Sennheiser HD 490 from a NZ web site CHCH I think really good
> service can't remember the name of it sorry! :)

[snip]

The HD475's are also pretty good - much better that the budget Sennheisers,
but not too dear. Not recommended for bass addicts, though.

Ali P 08-10-2003 09:58 AM

Re: Need some new headphones...

"Robert Mathews" <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote in message
> cOKe wrote:
> > http://www.nzaudio.co.nz/ think this is it:)

> Thanks mate. Ideal.

Wow, these are some serious headphones ...
http://www.nzaudio.co.nz/Index.cfm?s...ctDetail&ID=37

Robert Mathews 08-10-2003 10:21 AM

Re: Need some new headphones...

> Wow, these are some serious headphones ...
> http://www.nzaudio.co.nz/Index.cfm?s...ctDetail&ID=37

Yes, hand crafted by the villagers on the slopes of the Andes, each
headphone is then personally carried on the back of a donkey to the airport,
where it is then given its' own seat on the plane.

Well at that price, that's what bloody well should be happening!