Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Dynalink USB modem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566912-re-dynalink-usb-modem.html)

lily 08-07-2003 05:26 AM

Re: Dynalink USB modem

"Wyn" <Wyn@home.com.nz> wrote in message
news:DjkYa.9689$9f7.1152007@news02.tsnz.net...
> If there is anyone who uses the Dynalink v1456VQE -R2 USB modem you will
> find that if you visit the Dynalink website that it is not supported for

use
> with Win2K or XP.
>
> It's a bloody good modem but I was disappointed to find that when I

changed
> to XP it no longer worked. Now with the help of a techie at Dynalink we

have
> got it working perfectly on XP.
>
> So, anyone else using it who changes to XP should contact Dynalink for
> advice on what to do.
>
> Great service.

Hardly
If it works, why don't they support it.
Or are you saying they do now.
If so, why should users have to contact Dynalink, when they have a support
page.

lily 08-07-2003 11:32 PM

Re: Dynalink USB modem

> "lily" <lily@xx.xx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Wyn" <Wyn@home.com.nz> wrote in message
> > > If there is anyone who uses the Dynalink v1456VQE -R2 USB modem you

will
> > > find that if you visit the Dynalink website that it is not supported

for
> > use
> > > with Win2K or XP.
> > >
> > > It's a bloody good modem but I was disappointed to find that when I

> > changed
> > > to XP it no longer worked. Now with the help of a techie at Dynalink

we
> > have
> > > got it working perfectly on XP.
> > >
> > > So, anyone else using it who changes to XP should contact Dynalink for
> > > advice on what to do.
> > >
> > > Great service.

> > Hardly
> > If it works, why don't they support it.
> > Or are you saying they do now.
> > If so, why should users have to contact Dynalink, when they have a

support
> > page.

> I don't agree. I was told that the problem was not with Dynalink but with
> the manufacturers of the chip who had not provided drivers. The techie

went
> to all sorts of trouble to find a solution.
>
> Wyn

I appreciate that you luv the techie that scratched your itch to bits, but
its just another example of the PC business mess, a problem that should
never have been allowed to happen in the first place.
Its nothing more than a standard serial modem with a USB subsystem , which
is supported by both hardware and OS, but distributed by a manufacturer that
can't be bothered to tell users who upgrade their OS how to get it working
in the hope that the consumer will bin it and buy a new one.

lily 08-08-2003 01:50 AM

Re: Dynalink USB modem

"Ian Boag" <fred@noplace.com> wrote in message
> I've got a good idea. You should go into the modem business. You
> should refuse to deal with suppliers who don't meet your requirements
> 100%. With a brain like yours you'll make heaps.

I've got an even better idea mr dynalink.
Put the instructions on the support page.
How simple is that ?

Wyn 08-08-2003 04:11 AM

Re: Dynalink USB modem

> "Wyn" <Wyn@home.com.nz> wrote in message
> >
> > "lily" <lily@xx.xx> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Wyn" <Wyn@home.com.nz> wrote in message

> will

> for
> > > use

> > > changed

> we
> > > have

for

> > > Hardly
> > > If it works, why don't they support it.
> > > Or are you saying they do now.
> > > If so, why should users have to contact Dynalink, when they have a

> support
> > > page.

> > I don't agree. I was told that the problem was not with Dynalink but

with
> > the manufacturers of the chip who had not provided drivers. The techie

> went
> > to all sorts of trouble to find a solution.
> >
> > Wyn

> I appreciate that you luv the techie that scratched your itch to bits, but
> its just another example of the PC business mess, a problem that should
> never have been allowed to happen in the first place.
> Its nothing more than a standard serial modem with a USB subsystem , which
> is supported by both hardware and OS, but distributed by a manufacturer

that
> can't be bothered to tell users who upgrade their OS how to get it working
> in the hope that the consumer will bin it and buy a new one.

If that was the case how come it was only this particular model that wasn't
supported out of about a dozen? And this does not include their internal
modems. Even their old 14.4K was supported.

There well may be manufacturers that operate in the manner that you suggest
but not so in this case.