Velocity Reviews

-   -   Plastation modchip installers (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566867-plastation-modchip-installers.html)

Salty Dog 08-05-2003 08:16 AM

Plastation modchip installers

Hi All,

I want to install a messiah 2 modchip in my PS2 and don't feel
confident enough to do it myself. I've found three installers in
various parts of the country and was wondering if anyone has dealt with
any of them. They are

http://www.nzmodchips.co.nz
http://www.themodman.co.nz, and
http://www.fatcat.co.nz

I'm understandably a bit nervous about sending my PS2 off to someone
I've never clapped eyes on before. Any advice or reviews will be
greatly appreciated.

All the best
Salty

--
"I never could get the hang of thursdays"

Greg Townsend 08-05-2003 08:29 AM

Re: Plastation modchip installers

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:16:56 GMT, Salty Dog <s@lty.dog> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I want to install a messiah 2 modchip in my PS2 and don't feel
>confident enough to do it myself. I've found three installers in
>various parts of the country and was wondering if anyone has dealt with
>any of them. They are
>
>http://www.nzmodchips.co.nz
>http://www.themodman.co.nz, and
>http://www.fatcat.co.nz
>
>I'm understandably a bit nervous about sending my PS2 off to someone
>I've never clapped eyes on before. Any advice or reviews will be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>All the best
>Salty

Well Sony will close them all down soon as you will have to be quick they are
doing it now in OZZ.

Robert Mathews 08-05-2003 08:54 AM

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:40:42 GMT, Salty Dog <s@lty.dog> wrote:

>In article <kkquiv8peti85ue2vnbk9b3sqf01rc0gof@4ax.com>, Greg Townsend
><greg.t@yahoonospam.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:16:56 GMT, Salty Dog <s@lty.dog> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi All,
>> >
>> >I want to install a messiah 2 modchip in my PS2 and don't feel
>> >confident enough to do it myself. I've found three installers in
>> >various parts of the country and was wondering if anyone has dealt with
>> >any of them. They are
>> >
>> >http://www.nzmodchips.co.nz
>> >http://www.themodman.co.nz, and
>> >http://www.fatcat.co.nz
>> >
>> >I'm understandably a bit nervous about sending my PS2 off to someone
>> >I've never clapped eyes on before. Any advice or reviews will be
>> >greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> >All the best
>> >Salty

>> Well Sony will close them all down soon as you will have to be quick they are
>> doing it now in OZZ.

>As long as they don't do it in the next week or so I'm cool;) In any
>case Sony have been trying to close down the modchip industry for as
>long as the playstation has been around, if they haven't done it yet I
>wouldn't put a bet of there chances of doing it now.
>
>Cheers
>Salty

Have a read..

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7657

Robert Mathews 08-05-2003 09:10 AM

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:55:17 +1200, "MacTheCat" <MacTheCat@MacTheCat> wrote:

>"Greg Townsend" <greg.t@yahoonospam.com> wrote in message
>news:kkquiv8peti85ue2vnbk9b3sqf01rc0gof@4ax.com.. .
>> On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:16:56 GMT, Salty Dog <s@lty.dog> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi All,
>> >
>> >I want to install a messiah 2 modchip in my PS2 and don't feel
>> >confident enough to do it myself. I've found three installers in
>> >various parts of the country and was wondering if anyone has dealt with
>> >any of them. They are
>> >
>> >http://www.nzmodchips.co.nz
>> >http://www.themodman.co.nz, and
>> >http://www.fatcat.co.nz
>> >
>> >I'm understandably a bit nervous about sending my PS2 off to someone
>> >I've never clapped eyes on before. Any advice or reviews will be
>> >greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> >All the best
>> >Salty

>> Well Sony will close them all down soon as you will have to be quick they

>are
>> doing it now in OZZ.
>>

>Hey look it's Greg Townsend with his happy advice, the unregistered service
>tech, who is illegally repairing gear. How goes it Woger?

No you are the Only illegal person here, so take your bating elsewhere.

MorrisTheCat 08-05-2003 09:39 AM

wrote:

> >"Greg Townsend" <greg.t@yahoonospam.com> wrote in message
> >news:kkquiv8peti85ue2vnbk9b3sqf01rc0gof@4ax.com.. .

with

> >> Well Sony will close them all down soon as you will have to be quick

they
> >are
> >> doing it now in OZZ.
> >>

> >Hey look it's Greg Townsend with his happy advice, the unregistered

service
> >tech, who is illegally repairing gear. How goes it Woger?
> >

> No you are the Only illegal person here, so take your bating elsewhere.

Illegal in what sense? All registered ESTs earn their living repairing
equipment that uses mains electricity. They are required to be registered by
law or they are prosecuted. They also must bring attention to the public of
the danger of a person who believes they are above the law, remains
unregistered and therefore illegally collects money as reward for repair
work while there is a very real possibility that that work could result in
electrocution and death since requisite refresher courses for safety testing
etc are not being done.

~misfit~ 08-05-2003 10:34 AM

Re: Plastation modchip installers

"Robert Mathews" <r.math@nopost.com> wrote in message
> No you are the Only illegal person here, so take your bating elsewhere.

<Sigh, sad old bastard> <Plonk!>
--
~misfit~

---

Robert Mathews 08-05-2003 10:40 AM

Re: Plastation modchip installers

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:39:59 +1200, "MorrisTheCat" <MorrisTheCat@MorrisTheCat>
wrote:

>"Robert Mathews" <r.math@nopost.com> wrote in message
>news:cvsuivgga8n4iv6peb5t07hp4o9l3duahi@4ax.com.. .
>> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:55:17 +1200, "MacTheCat" <MacTheCat@MacTheCat>

>wrote:
>>

>> >"Greg Townsend" <greg.t@yahoonospam.com> wrote in message
>> >news:kkquiv8peti85ue2vnbk9b3sqf01rc0gof@4ax.com.. .

>with

>they
>> >are
>> >>
>> >Hey look it's Greg Townsend with his happy advice, the unregistered

>service
>> >tech, who is illegally repairing gear. How goes it Woger?
>> >

>> No you are the Only illegal person here, so take your bating elsewhere.
>>

>Illegal in what sense? All registered ESTs earn their living repairing
>equipment that uses mains electricity. They are required to be registered by
>law or they are prosecuted. They also must bring attention to the public of
>the danger of a person who believes they are above the law, remains
>unregistered and therefore illegally collects money as reward for repair
>work while there is a very real possibility that that work could result in
>electrocution and death since requisite refresher courses for safety testing
>etc are not being done.

What a load of utter Bolock, you have been brain washed or just inherently
Stupid..

Grow up..

Robert Mathews 08-05-2003 11:00 AM

wrote:

>"Robert Mathews" <r.math@nopost.com> wrote in message
>news:cvsuivgga8n4iv6peb5t07hp4o9l3duahi@4ax.com.. .
>> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:55:17 +1200, "MacTheCat" <MacTheCat@MacTheCat>

>wrote:
>>

>> >"Greg Townsend" <greg.t@yahoonospam.com> wrote in message
>> >news:kkquiv8peti85ue2vnbk9b3sqf01rc0gof@4ax.com.. .

>with

>they
>> >are
>> >>
>> >Hey look it's Greg Townsend with his happy advice, the unregistered

>service
>> >tech, who is illegally repairing gear. How goes it Woger?
>> >

>> No you are the Only illegal person here, so take your bating elsewhere.
>>

>Illegal in what sense? All registered ESTs earn their living repairing
>equipment that uses mains electricity. They are required to be registered by
>law or they are prosecuted. They also must bring attention to the public of
>the danger of a person who believes they are above the law, remains
>unregistered and therefore illegally collects money as reward for repair
>work while there is a very real possibility that that work could result in
>electrocution and death since requisite refresher courses for safety testing
>etc are not being done.

And does that count the 100 or more PC repairers in this these news groups,
are you going to report them as they stated many many times that have No
Formal training at all or and form of registration..

They seem to think they don't need it but they do if you know the Regs..

..Have you ever worked to AID standards or with Guided Missiles..?

Robert Mathews 08-05-2003 11:17 AM

Re: Plastation modchip installers

> And does that count the 100 or more PC repairers in this these news
> groups, are you going to report them as they stated many many times
> that have No Formal training at all or and form of registration..
>
> They seem to think they don't need it but they do if you know the
> Regs..
>
> .Have you ever worked to AID standards or with Guided Missiles..?

Crapped out old missles from the 60's buddy. Wow, now that's high tech. Grow
up.

But you STILL don't have a licence !

And just who are these 100 or more PC repairers in this newsgroup ?

Care to put some fact to the crap for a change ?

Can you name a quarter of your claim ?

Salty Dog 08-05-2003 06:41 PM

In article <3f2f9594$1@news.iconz.co.nz>, TEX <TEX@Nospam.com> wrote:

> Where are you based???

Dunedin

Cheers
Salty

--
"I never could get the hang of thursdays"