Velocity Reviews

-   -   Microsoft not too clever (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566863-microsoft-not-too-clever.html)

Disco Stu 08-05-2003 05:48 AM

Microsoft not too clever

They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
..xls format.

I think the irony escaped them.

T.N.O 08-05-2003 05:59 AM

Re: Microsoft not too clever

"Disco Stu" wrote
| They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
| .xls format.
|
| I think the irony escaped them.

Was it for upgrading or a new purchase?

Disco Stu 08-05-2003 06:02 AM

Re: Microsoft not too clever

A new purchase.

We will have to install Open Office to read it.

T.N.O 08-05-2003 06:28 AM

Re: Microsoft not too clever

"Disco Stu" wrote
| A new purchase.
|
| We will have to install Open Office to read it.

hehe, morons.

BTW, excell viewer would be smaller if you have to download it.

Gib Bogle 08-05-2003 07:34 AM

Re: Microsoft not too clever

Disco Stu wrote:

> A new purchase.
>
> We will have to install Open Office to read it.

Catch 22. So the Big Softie _does_ have a sense of humour.

Gib

Nathan Mercer 08-05-2003 07:36 AM

Re: Microsoft not too clever

"Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
> They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
> .xls format.
>
> I think the irony escaped them.

doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

Try this in the meantime
http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe

if you're going to buy suggest you get a technology guarantee, Office 2003
is out in 2 months

~misfit~ 08-05-2003 08:29 AM

Re: Microsoft not too clever

"Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in message
> "Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
> > They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
> > .xls format.
> >
> > I think the irony escaped them.

> doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

I don't get it. Between the keyboard and the monitor? On my desk there's
just a bit of dust, is that what you mean? Dust? Irony indeed.
--
~misfit~

---

Andrew 08-05-2003 08:08 PM

Re: Microsoft not too clever

I Think it was meant to be between Chair and keyboard

Mutley 08-05-2003 08:56 PM

Re: Microsoft not too clever

"Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote:

>"Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
>> They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
>> .xls format.
>>
>> I think the irony escaped them.

>doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.
>
>Try this in the meantime
>http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx
>http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe
>
>if you're going to buy suggest you get a technology guarantee, Office 2003
>is out in 2 months

No doubt at a hugely inflated price. With M$ WPA for Office since
Office 2K the price should be no more that about $NZ200 for a complete
new set..

~misfit~ 08-05-2003 11:15 PM

Re: Microsoft not too clever

"Andrew" <news@starlyte.co.nz> wrote in message
> I Think it was meant to be between Chair and keyboard

That makes a lot more sense.
--
~misfit~

> "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
> >
> > "Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in

message
> > > "Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message

in

> > > doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

> > I don't get it. Between the keyboard and the monitor? On my desk there's
> > just a bit of dust, is that what you mean? Dust? Irony indeed.
> > --
> > ~misfit~
> >

> > ---

---