Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: incorrect URL (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566852-re-incorrect-url.html)

John Hornblow 08-04-2003 07:16 AM

Re: incorrect URL

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:33:06 +1200, Max <Maxedoutnz@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 04:37:10 GMT, john@paradise.net.nz (John Hornblow)
>wrote:
>
>>hi
>>If I enter an incorrect URL in IE6 it attempts to search MSN..
>>Can I change that to google in the registry?
>>Anyone know the key?
>>Cheers

>There are viruses that do it that point it towards obscure website, so
>it must be possible.

Cheers for all the info guys....

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Use Search Asst"="no"
"Search Page"="http://www.google.com"
"Search Bar"="http://www.google.com/ie"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL]
""="http://www.google.com/keyword/%s"
"provider"="gogl"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search]
"SearchAssistant"="http://www.google.com/ie"

Nicholas Sherlock 08-04-2003 07:28 PM

Re: incorrect URL

"John Hornblow" <john@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:33:06 +1200, Max <Maxedoutnz@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 04:37:10 GMT, john@paradise.net.nz (John Hornblow)
> >wrote:
> >
> >>hi
> >>If I enter an incorrect URL in IE6 it attempts to search MSN..
> >>Can I change that to google in the registry?
> >>Anyone know the key?
> >>Cheers

> >There are viruses that do it that point it towards obscure website, so
> >it must be possible.

> Cheers for all the info guys....
>
> REGEDIT4
>

> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
> "Use Search Asst"="no"
> "Search Page"="http://www.google.com"
> "Search Bar"="http://www.google.com/ie"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL]
> ""="http://www.google.com/keyword/%s"
> "provider"="gogl"
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search]
> "SearchAssistant"="http://www.google.com/ie"

Yay! Google search! If you like google, then you'd really like "Dave's
search bar". You get Google and a WHOLE lot more built right into your
taskbar: http://notesbydave.com/toolbar/doc.htm

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock