Velocity Reviews

-   -   block b-opp.com? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566694-block-b-opp-com.html)

Russell Smithies 07-23-2003 06:53 AM

block b-opp.com?

how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(

Russell Smithies 07-23-2003 08:39 AM

Re: block b-opp.com?

"Nicholas Sherlock" <n_sherlock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Russell Smithies" <russell.DOTsmithies@ATxtra.DOTco.DOTnz> wrote in

message
> > how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
> > I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(
> >

> Run a spyware scanner such as "Spybot search & destroy" over your sytem.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

I do that weekly and have been doing so for years.
These seem to be coming in thru messenger I think.

Russell

Allistar 07-23-2003 09:16 AM

Re: block b-opp.com?

Russell Smithies wrote:

> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
> I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(

Which browser do you use? I visited that site and got no pop-ups. (Do you
mean that when you visit the site you get pop-ups or you get pop-ups for
that site when running other software, like messanger?)

Allistar.

Craig Whitmore 07-23-2003 09:58 AM

Re: block b-opp.com?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:16:46 +1200, Allistar wrote:

> Russell Smithies wrote:
>
>> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
>> I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(

> Which browser do you use? I visited that site and got no pop-ups. (Do you
> mean that when you visit the site you get pop-ups or you get pop-ups for
> that site when running other software, like messanger?)
>
> Allistar.

They are window messenging popups (nothing to do with MSN messenger)

Go into the Services Control Panel and disable the Windows Messenging
Service

Thanks
Craig

mdew 07-23-2003 11:51 AM

Re: block b-opp.com?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:53:36 +1200, Russell Smithies wrote:

> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
> I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(

using a hosts file, make it loopback on itself.

127.0.0.1 b-opp.com

voila, no more popups.

Russell Smithies 07-23-2003 09:53 PM

Re: block b-opp.com?

"Craig Whitmore" <lennon@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
news:pan.2003.07.23.09.58.34.839345@orcon.net.nz.. .
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:16:46 +1200, Allistar wrote:
>
> > Russell Smithies wrote:
> >
> >> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
> >> I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(

> > Which browser do you use? I visited that site and got no pop-ups. (Do

you
> > mean that when you visit the site you get pop-ups or you get pop-ups for
> > that site when running other software, like messanger?)
> >
> > Allistar.

> They are window messenging popups (nothing to do with MSN messenger)
>
> Go into the Services Control Panel and disable the Windows Messenging
> Service
>
> Thanks
> Craig

thanx Craig,