Velocity Reviews

-   -   Have i been hacked? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566655-have-i-been-hacked.html)

Freddy 07-21-2003 04:13 AM

Have i been hacked?

I have just fdisked and reloaded redhat8 on my home pc. Changed all my
passwords, reloaded windows 2k on my other pc

This linux box sits behind a linux-firewal.

typing utmpdump /var/log/wtmp |more

results in

[7] [00876] [:0 ] [root ] [:0 ] [ ]
[136.46.1.64 ] [Sun Jul 20 18:57:25 2003 ]

My Lan ip-adress range is 192.168.1.X

So in less than 24 hrs of hardly any internet connection being active I
got 4 login attempts from 136.46.1.64

What the hell is going on ?

Gurble 07-21-2003 10:06 AM

Re: Have i been hacked?